Monday, January 2, 2012

Looking at things differently

Today's Positive Quote:
"Sometimes our fate resembes a fruit tree in winter. Who would think that those branches would turn green again and blossom, but we hope it, we knew it." -Johanan Wolfgang Von Goethe.
My life is filled with ups and downs. If today is a bad day-or this week is a bad week-I know it's not forever and that I will come through it.

What a great quote! Things change. Our emotions change, sometimes a little too quickly. There are days when I feel like things will never get better and then they do. Funny how when they get better, the bad times don't seem so bad anymore.

This past year has been filled with ups and downs. Without those bad times though, I would not be able to really appreciate the great times. The struggles that the kids have had in school only make the good grades that much more important. The health issues remind us that we need to not take our health for granted. Having to get up for work each day means we have jobs and how quickly we forgot what it was like looking endlessly for a job. Being thankful for what I have needs to take center stage. I need to take the time to really see what I have instead of always looking at what I don't have. 2012 is a year of new beginning. It's all about what you make it. Let's make it a great year !

No comments:

Catching up...oh yeah, and I bought a house.

Catching up is the understatement of the year. It's been quite a while since I have been here. The truth is that life has been one adven...