Thursday, January 5, 2012

My Stairs and a New Way of Thinking

I fell down my stairs this morning. I was the last one in my family because everyone has already fallen down the stairs since we moved in, actually in the last two months or so. I think that the stairs are jinxed. There are so many things wrong with this house that it just wouldn’t shock me.

Have I voiced on here how much I hate my house? Yeah, yeah, yeah! I know that if you have been reading my blog or go back and read my blog, you will find where I say how happy I am with the house and what a good job Jose did picking the place. I was wrong. I said it and I will say it again. I was wrong.

This only reinforces why I am so scared to buy a house. From the outside the houses look great. It isn’t until you live in it that you start to see all the things wrong with it. This house has been one problem after another. Our half bath (if you can call it that) has been broken since July without an end date in sight from the landlords. When we take a shower, water goes downstairs into the back hallway. The toilet constantly gets clogged for no good reason at all. The sink in the bathroom barely drains. The upstairs only has heat in the bathroom. The kitchen cabinet doors all get stuck. The ice maker doesn’t make ice, it’s not even connected. The carbon monoxide/smoke detectors are seven years expired and don’t work. And that is all just what I can think of off the top of my head. AND according to our lease, these are all our problems. I am happy that our lease is over in June and that we can actually get away from it. This time I will be reading my lease from start to finish.

I don’t think that I have discussed my issues with this house on here yet but I have addressed how I can’t wait to get out of here and into our long term HOME soon. I have realized something important though…maybe due to my positive quotes of the day…lol. I need to stop dwelling so much on the negative and wasting my time complaining. The truth of the matter is that we are stuck here for another 5 months. I can either complain for 5 months or I can make the best of it. I am actually tired of hearing myself complain. So although we will only be here another 5 months, I need to continue to try to make it feel as much like home as I possibly can. I had given up doing this. I had tried and then go really pissed that I couldn’t paint that it just knocked me off of my decorating kick. It really does suck that I can’t paint but there is still so much I can do that will make the house feel better and it’s time that I do it. So here are my thoughts.

I took some time to look around each room and see what I would like to change and if anything needs to be changed and put a plan into action. Here is what I am thinking...

Living Room
• Slip covers that actually fit
• Covers for pillows
• Painting for over couch
• Picture Rails
• Paint End Tables
• Area Rug
• Coffee Table?
Dining Room
• Paint Dining Room table
• Recoat dining room chairs if I can
• Curtains for windows
• Find way to minimize clutter
Master Bedroom
• Pillows for bed
• Dresser
• Curtains
• Something big for above the bed
• Storage
Boys’ Room
• Curtains
• Dressers?
• Duvet Covers
• Pillows
• Bed skirts
• Personalizing each boys space
Bathroom
• Something above the toilet
• Towel holder
• New Rugs

No comments:

Catching up...oh yeah, and I bought a house.

Catching up is the understatement of the year. It's been quite a while since I have been here. The truth is that life has been one adven...