So here it is Tuesday and I haven't even written about my past weekend.
Friday night I drove to the bus terminal at 12:30am to pick up ex-husband, John. He came to take Larissa to RI for the summer until our trip up there in August. She will be there for two months. God how I will miss her ! He spent the day with Nathan on Saturday since Nathan will be staying with me for the summer. Nathan chose to go to summer camp this summer and have some much needed fun. In addition to that, he also has boyscout overnight camp this week. So he decided to stay home for the summer. He will get a chance to see his friends and visit people when we go up.
Saturday afternoon (while John was out with Nathan), we headed to Karen's for her birthday BBQ. I don't think that I have written here about Karen before so maybe I will have take a little detour to enlighten you all. Karen and I met on meet-up. She signed up for my couples group and I joined her mom's group. We instantly clicked. After some time, we decided to merge our groups since most of our members were in both groups anyways. Karen and Hung have become great friends to us. God knows that our move would not have come together the way that it did if it was not for Hung. He is the one that rallied everyone together and deligated and worked from morning til dusk. We owe him big time ! Karen is amazing. She is quirky and over the top but that is just some of the crazy qualities that makes her wonderful. This weekend was her birthday and I wouldn't have chosen to be anywhere else. Happy Birthday again Karen ! While there I got to hang out with some incredible girlfriends...Genevieve and Dawn (who I really must talk about in another post ...they are just a few of my favorite girls) and finally got to meet Gigi after over a year of talking online and on the phone. And I actually did get to socialize because the kids played in the pool and Jose was hanging with the guys. It was a pretty amazing day.
Sunday I took Larissa and John to the bus terminal. She is getting so grown and seeing her off for the summer just brings me to tears. As if that wasn't bad enough, I had to see Nathan off too but only for a week. Ok, so it's not really a week since tomorrow we go up to visit for a parents night...but still. It is hard to see off one of my children, but two? Well it was just a day of heartbreak for me. I know that they will both be fine but a mother will always worry. And I miss them both terribly. Of course, I had to push all that aside to celebrate Father's Day with my amazing man and of course my littlest bundle of energy, CJ. We had a great time. We went to the movies to watch Toy Story 3, then had a bite to eat and then out for ice-cream. We finished off the night just cuddling on the couch. Not a bad way to end the weekend.
My Girls:
I mentioned "just a few of my favorite girls" above and feel the need to share more. I talk a lot on here about my friends and family back in RI. I am also blessed to have some amazing friendships here too. I mentioned my girls once before when I talked about my move but they deserve more recoginition than that. My girls are Kelly, Dawn, Genevieve, Karen and Amanda. Omg, I hope that I am not forgetting anyone..lol ! They are the ones that I can faithfully count on in any situation. That was the crew that helped me move (Dawn, get over the fact that you got there late !) and they are the ones that make me feel like I am never alone. My relationship with each one is different but all are very near and dear to my heart. I also need to mention Tracy. Tracy is not part of that circle of friends but she is definatley just as near and dear to my heart and always there for me too. She is the one who watched CJ when I had nobody else and she picks up Nathan when I am running late or need to do something. I really don't know what I would do without her but I guess I will find out. Tracy is moving back to MA as soon as she can sell her house and we will miss her very much. As all my friends from RI know though, distance means nothing. I wish Tracy nothing but the best...even though I wish she would stay...lol ! I am also hoping to bring Gigi into that circle of friends too. She is slowly becoming part of our gang. I am sure that it will just be a matter of time. Well that is it for now and those are my girls ! :o)
My life is an open book. As you read through my posts, you are turning the pages of my life. I believe that everything happens for a reason and God will only give you what you can handle. I am a strong woman and my life has been full of trials. I am happy to share the stories of my life with you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Catching up...oh yeah, and I bought a house.
Catching up is the understatement of the year. It's been quite a while since I have been here. The truth is that life has been one adven...
-
So Jose and I have been searching high and low for a house. Just Friday and Saturday alone were hours of looking, making appointments, seein...
-
I am sorry that I have not written a few days. I have been feeling under the weather lately to say the least. Sunday I spent in bed most of ...
-
Today was CJ's first day of pre-school. He was really happy the whole way there and when we drove up, he said.."mama, not miss gina...
No comments:
Post a Comment