Tuesday, June 22, 2010

My night

My night turned out to be a whirlwind and I have escaped to the sanctuary of my room to write here. I always feel better after I write.

So tonight started to go bad when I got a call from Larissa (for the second night in a row) asking me to please speak to her father because he is being unreasonable. I just thought that she was over-reacting until I talked to him. He was just being crazy. Yesterday he didn't want Larissa to spend the night at her grandmother's at all, during her stay there. Tonight it was the opposite and he didn't want her to go anywhere but her grandmothers and she wanted to stay at her aunt's house. I just can't talk to him at all. I got loud and not nice at all. He told me that he didn't realize that having his daughter there was going to be so much work and he doesn't need this in his life. Really?! Wow. He said he was going to pay for a flight to send her back home. I told him that I would have someone else pick her up and he wouldn't have to worry about her. He said that he wouldn't allow that. He paid for her trip by himself and he wasn't going to allow anyone else to see her. What?! Did I hear that correctly? He said if anyone wants to see her, they can come to NC to get her. What did I ever really see in him at all?
So if that wasn't enough, I got Larissa's report card and guess what? She didn't pass. Yeah, you all heard me correctly. She is staying back. She has no idea either. i didn't have the energy to deal with this tonight. I know that you will all think that I am crazy but maybe this is what she needs. She really goofed off this year and slacked big time. She is used to doing this and then catching up and sliding by the skin of her teeth. She will finally realize that is not the way to go but that is another year of high school for her. I don't even know what to say. And damn Jose is so mild tempered that I can't play devils advocate with him. So I am here pouring my heart out to all my friends and strangers too in home of finding some sanity in all this.
Ok, I am going to take a shower and go unwind with a book to escape from the reality of my life. I will talk to you all tomorrow. Thank you for listening.

No comments:

Catching up...oh yeah, and I bought a house.

Catching up is the understatement of the year. It's been quite a while since I have been here. The truth is that life has been one adven...