Thursday, August 13, 2009

Larissa Is So Smart.

Every once in a while our kids do or say something that makes us realize that we did alright as a parent. One of those moments was today. I was texting with Larissa, as we do often, about anything and everything. I asked her about Todd. Todd is a boy that she has had some interest in because he was there for her when Liam broke up with her. So anyways, I asked what is going on with her and Todd because she had not really been talking about him lately. She said that they are just friends. She told me that Todd has an ex-girlfriend that he talks trash about and then runs to when he is lonely and tells her that he loves her. Larissa said that if he does it to his ex-girlfriend then he will do it to her too. She is so smart. I text her back, telling her that I think she is really smart beause other girls would think that he would change for them. She writes back that he won't change because everything is his way. She said that she is sure that when she walks into school, she can find 100 other boys that are just as cute but that will treat her way better.

How did she get so smart? It takes many woman years to figure that simple little truth out. It took me to get married, get divorced and live on my own with two kids to figure that out. We hear it all the time...there are plenty of fish in the sea but how many of us have spent hours crying over the one that broke our hearts and then moved on without looking back. To hear it come from my beautiful 14 year old makes me realize that I had to have done something right. I know that she will get her heart broken someday...maybe many times but I know that she can handle it too and it will make her stronger. Well, even stronger than she already is. I love that she isn't settling. I love the person that she is turning into. My baby is really growing up and I couldn't be prouder of her.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

It is great when kids can learn from our mistakes! Sounds like you have taught your daughter well from your past experiences!!! Good job =)

Catching up...oh yeah, and I bought a house.

Catching up is the understatement of the year. It's been quite a while since I have been here. The truth is that life has been one adven...