Being a parent is one of the hardest and selfless thing that I have ever had to do. I know that I take a lot of time to vent about how my children can really hit my last nerve…over and over again. Mainly it’s because this is where I vent so it’s easy to come here and speak my mind. But I sometimes forget to come here and talk about the good times. I mean we do have good times. You don’t all think that I spend each and every night yelling at my kids and punishing them, right?
Of course I am having a hard time with them this year in school and I hope to have taken the bull by the horns, so to speak ! They are good kids though. I have not had to deal with drugs, alcohol or pregnancy. Sure I wish they were more respectful in the house and didn’t fight with each other. Sure I wish they would clean more. But they are home each night. They do things when I ask them…I might have to ask them several times but they do it…eventually. They don’t ask for a lot. I feel like they ask for too much because I am their mother but in comparison to what I hear other kids asking for, they are a blessing. I wish they would take their education more seriously but maybe that will come with time. I can’t mold them into a robotic children.
They have good days and bad days. We have good times and bad times as a family. They still enjoy playing board games with mom. They still humor me when I want them to watch old holiday shows. They humor me with old traditions that I hold near and dear. I think that once they do grow up and are on their own, that they will be pretty good well rounded adults. I think that it might take them a little longer to move out and grow up and be on their own but that only means that I will get to enjoy them longer.
My life is an open book. As you read through my posts, you are turning the pages of my life. I believe that everything happens for a reason and God will only give you what you can handle. I am a strong woman and my life has been full of trials. I am happy to share the stories of my life with you.
Monday, December 19, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Catching up...oh yeah, and I bought a house.
Catching up is the understatement of the year. It's been quite a while since I have been here. The truth is that life has been one adven...
-
So Jose and I have been searching high and low for a house. Just Friday and Saturday alone were hours of looking, making appointments, seein...
-
I am sorry that I have not written a few days. I have been feeling under the weather lately to say the least. Sunday I spent in bed most of ...
-
Today was CJ's first day of pre-school. He was really happy the whole way there and when we drove up, he said.."mama, not miss gina...

No comments:
Post a Comment