I am 36 years old. I have three amazing children, ages 4, 12 and soon to be 16. I work full time outside the home. I am in a committed relationship of 9 years with my soul mate (really). I have a best friend of 21 years that knows me better than I know myself. I love the color red and I can't live without coffee. I almost always root for the underdog. I don't like the heat. I get sweaty and red, I break out in a rash and I get really dizzy. I would rather be cold than hot but I am rarely cold. I love holidays...all of them. I love decorating for them. I love spending time with my family. I love searching for the perfect gift for them. I love the traditions that go with them. I love the warm and fuzzy feeling they give you. I am not a typical girl. I don't like roses. Just buy me daisies, tulips and lillies. I don't like diamonds. I think that they are overpriced for a peice of glass. I would much rather stare at a beautiful ruby or a gorgeous emerald or a classic pearl. I don't like to shop. I actually get panic attacks in large stores. I know what I want, I want to go in and get it and get out. I don't spend a lot of time in bathroom getting ready. Again, I know what I have to do, I do it and I get out. I don't like chocolate, I crave salt though. I will reach for a bag of chips before I reach for a chocolate bar anyday. I will reach for seconds before I reach for dessert.
Values : I am an honest to goodness person. I respect people and I expect the same back. It take a lot to get on my bad side. I don't judge. It's not my place to judge. We will all be up for judgement one day and it will not be by me...lol. I hate lies. There is no place for lies in my life. I drill this into my family because it is the one thing that I have no tolerance for. I believe that you should do what makes you happy and not care what other people think. They aren't you. I can't stand fake people. I mean really, what is the point. Why wouldn't you want to be who you really are?
Family : I love to do things with my family. I love reading to CJ countless stories or watching his eyes light up when he helps me cook. I love baking with Larissa, listening to her music with her and just talking for more time than I thought possible with a teenager. I love coming up with things for Nathan to draw and watch his creativity soar or watching him work hard to achieve his next level in whatever game he is playing at the time. I love snuggling on the couch with Jose watching our weekly lineup on tv or settling down to a new movie. I love playing Rock Band with the whole family...it is such a great family game that brings us all together. Family is very important to me. Not just the traditional family because I have very little but people that become family in one way or another. I am blessed to have so many wonderful people in my life,many of which you can read about in this blog. I am also grateful that I have the most wonderful man in the world who feels the same exact way about family as I do. We both have "adopted" families that we can't thank enough for everything that they are to us. Family is not just about blood. It is about love, respect and honesty. It's about always being there.
God's Family : My godparents were and are the most influential people in my life. I strive to be like them and have what they have. I have three incredible godchildren and I hope that I am just half of a godparent as mine were to me. I expect the same from my children's godparents too and I am so happy that they also live up to that. It's not about a certain amount of time or money, it's about always being there and always coming through when it's needed.
Hobbies : I have many hobbies. I consider myself to be a die-hard DIYer. If I see it, I want to replicate it. I have refinished furniture, tore up carpets and laid down floors. I love to take pictures and plan parties. I love to organize and decorate or should I say, redecorate. I love to read a good book and/or a good movie...I have a weak spot for musicals. I love to make chocolate lollipops. Yeah, I know I don't like chocolate but I love to make them. I actually love to make stuffed mushrooms and hate mushrooms too. I told you that I am not typical...lol. I love to make my own artwork but I rarely find time to do that, although there are a million thoughts and ideas loose in my head as I type.
Faith : I have a very strong faith in God. I live with Him in mind each and every day. I try to keep Him in mind with all the decisions that I make. I am always looking to grow in my faith and learn new ways to become closer to God.
Music : I am not a huge music person. I like music but I don't love music. I don't have an ipod or an mp3 player. I don't play music when I am cleaning and I rarely have the radio on when I am in the car. With that being said, I love Aerosmith, Pink, Lonestar, Elvis Presley, TLC, Brad Paisley, Chris Daughtry and Madonna....I don't stick to one kind. Good music is good music.
Work : I work full time as an admin but the truth is that I truly don't know what I want to be when I grow up. Sometimes it bothers me that I am stuck as an admin when I was an office manager and a bookkeeper and sometimes I know it's just a stepping stone to the next place that I will wind up. I am tired of winding up places though and just hope that I can settle into a company for the long haul. A company that cares about it's own employees and promotes growth. Or maybe I will start my own one day. If I could just figure out what it is that I really want to do with my life.
Well I think that about sums it up...lol. Me in a nut shell ! Tell me a little about you.
My life is an open book. As you read through my posts, you are turning the pages of my life. I believe that everything happens for a reason and God will only give you what you can handle. I am a strong woman and my life has been full of trials. I am happy to share the stories of my life with you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Catching up...oh yeah, and I bought a house.
Catching up is the understatement of the year. It's been quite a while since I have been here. The truth is that life has been one adven...
-
So Jose and I have been searching high and low for a house. Just Friday and Saturday alone were hours of looking, making appointments, seein...
-
I am sorry that I have not written a few days. I have been feeling under the weather lately to say the least. Sunday I spent in bed most of ...
-
Today was CJ's first day of pre-school. He was really happy the whole way there and when we drove up, he said.."mama, not miss gina...
No comments:
Post a Comment