Tuesday, October 19, 2010

A New Project For Me

Do you all remember when I got that garage sale table for free that was left out on the curb and redid it completely? Well I am so proud of that table. I admire it each day when I walk into my house. It is the table that we eat at each night and the table we sit at with the laptop and the table the kids do their homework on and the table that CJ plays on. It is solid and beautiful and it was FREE.

Yesterday I came upon another (actually two) FREE items. I was driving home (it was garbage night in our area) and someone had put out two headboards. I don't really know if it's two headboards or a headboard and a footboard but they are the same size, so for all intent and purpose they are going to be two headboards for my boys. I obviously need to work on them but they were FREE.

I wasn't even looking for anything. Ok, so I have been looking for chairs. I need nice steardy chairs to go with my nice table. Right now we are using some really nice folding chairs that are espresso brown with faux leather cushioins, but they are folding chairs none the less. That table deserves to have chairs around it that are as grande as it is...lol.

I digress...back to the headboards. So...Jose looked at me very strangely when I told him that I was going to go out after dinner to go get them. He doesn't understand that one person's trash is another person's treasure. He certainly wasn't argueing with me when he saw my table done though. I think that he loves that table almost as much as I do. So this is what I am working with:






They were laying on their sides when I took the pic. I took them with my cell so please ignore the bad quality. The first has one right in back of the other. They really are the same exact size, although I have seen some headboards and footboards that are the same size. The second pic shows them staggered. If you look closely at the back one you can see the one of the balls are missing from the post closest to the floor. No biggie. I will have to either take one off and try to find one at Home Depot or Lowes to match or take the remaining three off and put on four new ones. It will be well worth the few dollars I spend on it to have new headboards for my boys. I can't wait to start working on them.

No comments:

Catching up...oh yeah, and I bought a house.

Catching up is the understatement of the year. It's been quite a while since I have been here. The truth is that life has been one adven...