Friday, November 25, 2011

A Special Thanksgiving

We had a great Thanksgiving yesterday. The house was full of food and family, the way that is should be. Thanks to my sister-in-law, Vanessa, we got some amazing family pics too. It really was a day to celebrate. We celebrated Jose's mom going into remission. I got to pull out my holiday wine cups and we had a toast to the amazing news....to many more years together.

Sadly though, when everyone went home and we were left to the quiet of the night, a litte sense of something missing kicked in. I miss NC. With the amazing day we had, that should not have even been a thought in my mind but it was. I miss home, the home in NC. There is just something about Concord, NC that is home to me. There is a joy that it brings to me. The kids seem to have been at their happiest there. We had our home that we had finaly decided to buy in a great community. It was what home should feel like. So I sat alone and just cried for what was missing.

Now that I got that out of the way, I want to add that we made the decision to move with an open mind. I wanted to do it as much as Jose. I encourged it and I have no regrets. This is where we need to be right now. I am pretty sure that I feel this way because we have not been able to find "home" here yet. Of course I was hoping that the home we are in now would be our "home" but that just isnt' the case. I think that once we find a home here, that I won't have that empty feeling that I have now. The whole where home was. Or maybe Concord, NC will always be home to me.

Jose and I are blessed. We have great friendships and families in both states. We have our long time friends here that are like family to us. We have family here. But we have that there too. It is so hard to think of being away from people we love no matter where we are. It is something that we will have to always deal with. I wish that we could have everyone with us in NC and then life would be perfect. Anyone know of a star I can wish on...lol?

So I hope that everyone had as nice of a Thanksgiving as we did. We certainly had something to be thankful for. And I will hold on harder to the wonderful moments in life. Missing things in my life means that I had the joy of having them in the first place, something some people never get to have. We truly have so much to be thankful for. Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

No comments:

Catching up...oh yeah, and I bought a house.

Catching up is the understatement of the year. It's been quite a while since I have been here. The truth is that life has been one adven...