Tuesday, December 28, 2010

My Computer Hates Me Today !

I have to apologize to those of you who got repeated empty posts labelled "I'm bored!". I really am trying to write this and each time I hit tab, it posts the title. Must be some malfunction going on with this computer...figures !

Oh well, here it goes once again. I wanted to the title of this Post to be "I'm Bored!".

That is what I have heard since Christmas night. Nothing like hearing those words to make you realize that you either picked all the wrong things for Christmas or our kids in todays world don't know how to amuse themselves. Seriously, it gets old. I always knew that I would say it but....

Back when I was a kids we didn't have 900+ channels to surf. We had 6, 10, 12, 36 & 64...that was it. We looked forward to cartoons on Saturday morning because that was pretty much all there was on.
Video games were atari and you were damn lucky if you had one. I never had one. I did finally get the first Ninento with Duck Hunt and Mario Bros but that was when it was really cheap because everyone else had moved onto the next big system.
Cell phones...lmao ! I got my first house phone when I was in high school. We couldn't afford to have a house phone and it was my Christmas gift the year I entered high school. I no longer had to walk to my aunts to use the phone anymore. What a great moment that was.
Going out to eat all the time ? Fridays I would take the city bus downtown to meet my mother after work and we would walk to People's Bank to cash her check and then we would walk to Burger King for a Fish Sandwich Meal. It was what I looked forward to all week long. And then we would take the bus home together. We didn't have a car !

What is wrong with kids today. Everything they have is not enough. They don't know how to be happy with all that they have. They don't know how to appreciate the things that they have and they have no imagination at all. I ended up playing cards with five kids last night and that they loved. A .99 pack of cards kept them busy when all their new toys sit under the tree. God help me, I sound like my mother.

No comments:

Catching up...oh yeah, and I bought a house.

Catching up is the understatement of the year. It's been quite a while since I have been here. The truth is that life has been one adven...