Thursday, July 22, 2010

Thank You !

As I was reading through some of my older posts, I realized that there was someone in my life that I had not talked about (much anyways). You have heard about Dalissa, my very best friend of over 20 years and godmother to my daughter, Larissa. You have heard about Bianca, my best friend's sister and little sister to me as well, and godmother to my youngest son, CJ. Then there is Marjorie, Mayi for short and godmother to my oldest son, Nathan.
I have known Mayi as long as I have known Dalissa for the most part. At the time that I met her, she was the older role model. It's funny how throughout the years, the difference in age has seemed to get smaller and smaller until I don't even see it anymore. I am not quite sure when Mayi changed from being Dalissa's family to being my family but I do remember the day I asked her to be Nathan's godmother...making us officially family in the eyes of God.
For those of you reading this thinking that this is not a big deal, you can go back and read how serious of a choice godparents are to me, how much they truly mean to me and how much I expect from them. Having had the epidomy of godparents myself, I want nothing less for my children and I give nothing less to my godchildren as well. Mayi, I can't thank you enough for saying yes and being Nathan's godmother. More importantly, I can't thank you enough for being an amazing godmother. You continue to fill the role, heart and soul, year after year. I feel as though too much time goes by and I don't tell you how much you really mean to me and most importantly, to Nathan. From the wanted advice to the unwanted advice (lol), you are always there remembering the true meaning of a godmother. Your love for him makes me so proud of the decision that I made in asking you.
But, you are so much more to me than just Nathan's godmother and my comadre. You are someone that I confide in, I trust in and I look up to. Each year that passes, you become more beautiful and more confident...what I strive to be like. You have tought me that keeping up with your outward appearance makes you more beautiful not only outside but inside as well. That taking care of youself should never be sacrificed. You have taught me that a relationship needs to be a partnership not a life sentence..lol. Making time for your relationship and keeping things new, also keeps your relationship fresh and young. And making time for family and friends should never be forgotten. It is amazing what a glass of Sangria can fix...lmao !
All joking aside though, I just wanted to take a moment and tell you how much you mean to me. Although you may be 900 miles away, you are never far from my thoughts or my heart. Can't wait to see you in August.

No comments:

Catching up...oh yeah, and I bought a house.

Catching up is the understatement of the year. It's been quite a while since I have been here. The truth is that life has been one adven...