My life is an open book. As you read through my posts, you are turning the pages of my life. I believe that everything happens for a reason and God will only give you what you can handle. I am a strong woman and my life has been full of trials. I am happy to share the stories of my life with you.
Thursday, February 4, 2016
Chicken Mozambique
*Serves 1-2*
Ingredients:
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 pounds chicken breast, cubed
3 tablespoons butter
1 onion, diced
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
1 teaspoon lemon juice
6 oz beer
2 sazon goya con azafran packets
2 tablespoons piri piri
1 teaspoon cilantro chopped to garnish
2 lemon quarters to garnish
Directions: 1) In a large frying pan, sauté the chicken cubes in the olive oil on medium to high heat. Season with the teaspoon of salt.
2) Once cooked through, remove the chicken and set aside in a bowl.
3) Add the onions and garlic to the pan along with 1 tablespoon of the butter. Stir as it cooks.
4) Pour half of a beer, 6 oz, into the pan and stir to deglaze the pan.
5) Add the chicken back to the pan along with the piri piri sauce, lemon juice, two packets of sazon goya, and the rest of the butter.
6) Let it simmer for 2 to 3 minutes on medium heat while stirring occasionally.
7) Once done, remove from the pan and place onto a serving platter.
8) Garnish with the chopped cilantro and lemon quarters. Serve along with some white rice while hot.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Catching up...oh yeah, and I bought a house.
Catching up is the understatement of the year. It's been quite a while since I have been here. The truth is that life has been one adven...
-
So Jose and I have been searching high and low for a house. Just Friday and Saturday alone were hours of looking, making appointments, seein...
-
I am sorry that I have not written a few days. I have been feeling under the weather lately to say the least. Sunday I spent in bed most of ...
-
Today was CJ's first day of pre-school. He was really happy the whole way there and when we drove up, he said.."mama, not miss gina...

No comments:
Post a Comment