Monday, July 20, 2015

Job Corp...and catching up

Today was another emotional day for me. CJ and I dropped Nathan off at Job Corp today. I want this to be everything he needs and wants. It seems such a perfect fit for him and he is so excited about it. This is such a great step for him. For me, this is a huge step in letting one of babies grow up. I didn’t realize how NOT ready I was to let him go but I know that I have to allow him to spread his wings and fly. I have sheltered him for too long. I have babied him and it has not helped him, I can admit that. I acknowledge that. I am probably part of the problem. That is what makes this program so great. I think that actually being away from me will allow him to grow and become the young man that I know he can be.
 
Larissa has moved to NC with Mason. Another emotional…very emotional…time for me. It’s the best thing for her. She needs to learn how to provide for herself and Mason. She needs to stand on her own two feet and stop letting other people come in the way of making her dreams come true. It is hard for me to have her so far away and not be able to be part of her everyday life but seeing how happy her and Mason are make all worthwhile. She sends me daily pics and videos that make me feel so much closer to them both. They have moved in with Nina and they share an apartment in a nice complex. I am so proud of the girls and the steps they have taken.
 
CJ started a new summer program. It was due to financial hardship but it was the best thing. It’s a free summer program through Lincoln Parks and Recs. We just pay for all the field trips, which we were paying for anyways at the YMCA even with our weekly fee. He loves it. I don’t know why we didn’t try it sooner. Actually we didn’t think he was ready but this year was the perfect time. Ironically, we are moving so this will most likely be the last year, which sucks. Since I just mentioned the move, let’s talk about the move. The new house is in Johnston. That means that CJ has to change schools and will need to make new friends. I am nervous about this. I was just as nervous when Nathan and Larissa had to go through it and now I am going through it all over again. I really hope that he adjusts well. He usually makes friends easily but he doesn’t adjust as quickly as I would like because of his shyness. I am praying that it all goes great.
 
So yeah, we are moving to new home. A new chapter in our lives. A move to Johnston. Not the other side of the country or even state. All of 15-20 minutes from where we are now but definitely a change for us all. Still working on the arrangements for the house and how to make it work best for us. I think this is a good move for us. It will save us a good amount of money on rent alone and then we will be saving on heat since it’s a smaller place too. It is all new and exciting. I have very few pics and they are the ones from the listing so I don’t have many to share but once we get the keys, I will make sure to share. We get to move in August 1st. That is just around the corner and we haven’t even started packing yet…yikes !

No comments:

Catching up...oh yeah, and I bought a house.

Catching up is the understatement of the year. It's been quite a while since I have been here. The truth is that life has been one adven...