Tuesday, December 3, 2013

I am thankful

I know that Thanksgiving has passed but shouldn’t we be thankful every day of the year? I don’t want the season to pass without expressing how much I truly do have to be thankful for.

I can’t believe that it’s December already. I am not even sure where this year went. This year has certainly been full of the good, the bad and the ugly. And although it is so easy to get caught up in all the bad this year, I want to also take time to emphasize all that I have.

We spend the last week on vacation. It was supposed to be Thanksgiving vacation. Originally we were supposed to spend the whole week with Jose’s good friend Kevin and his wife Josie. Well this year they decided to part ways and they are in the process of a divorce. Jose and I don’t realize how lucky we are to have the relationship that we have. I am so thankful for his friendship, for his love, for his respect and for his honesty. He is the best life partner that I could ever ask for. Our relationship has withstood the test of time and I wouldn’t choose anyone else to spend the rest of my life with.

During this vacation, I had a tragedy. My good childhood friend, Cara, passed away. We were so close that I am her daughter’s godmother. She had been sick for some time but you are never prepared for the pain that this brings to all those involved. I am so thankful for every day that I get to spend with my family. We tend to forget that tomorrow is not promised and that we never know when our last day will be. I want to stop my busy life and spend more time enjoying my life. I want to enjoy my life with my kids and Jose. This is actually going to be my goal for 2014. Never too early to start thinking about how to improve the next year.

During this trip, we also toyed with idea of moving to Florida sometime in the future. I say toyed because nothing has been determined. We simply talked about it and looked at some information that might help us make the decision in the future. The bottom line is that we will revisit that idea again after our wedding. In looking at housing prices and trying to do a salary comparison and food comparison and all that good stuff, we realized just how thankful we have been and still are to have all that we have. We have good jobs, we have good cars, we have a nice apartment and we have so many material things beyond what we need. We truly do have so much to be thankful for.

No comments:

Catching up...oh yeah, and I bought a house.

Catching up is the understatement of the year. It's been quite a while since I have been here. The truth is that life has been one adven...