I seem to sway from one addiction to another. Well that is not entirely true. The truth is that I like to do it all, just not at the same time. I read in a blog recently something that pretty much sums me up.
Recently in my local blog reads, I came across this (http://theivycottageblog.blogspot.com/2012/04/i-could-make-that-syndrome.html) on The Ivy Cottage. It is so ME !
I so have the “I could make that” syndrome. Every time I see something in blogland or even in stores, I think…I could make that (for so much less too). I have a gift and I sometimes forget that it is a gift. Each time some new craze hits the blogs, I try it and I can pretty much do it with little or no ease at all. It seems so simple to me and failure is not something I fear. If it doesn’t come out the way that I want it, I can always try again. No harm in trying.
So although this is not new, it is new to me. I have started repurposing furniture. It started with what I had and then grew to cheap Good Will finds and now has grown to what I can get for free…curbside even.
Monday night my neighbor that is actually about five houses down put a rocking chair out on the curb. This rocking chair to be exact.
I was not thinking about getting a rocking chair but it was out there…for free and it looked like it was in pretty good shape. I put my thoughts aside and thought, do I really need a rocker? Well at work that same day, I was surfing the net and came across a painted rocking chair. This painted rocker:
This chair didn’t really look anything like the one on the curb but it started to stir thoughts in my head…that is never a good thing…lol.
I passed it again on my way home and noticed that nobody had scooped it up yet. We live on a small street and it’s a one way so it doesn’t get a whole lot of traffic. I decided that I was going to stop thinking about it. Tuesday morning it was still there and at work again (yes I work too while at work) I did a search for painted chairs and I decided that if the chair was still there when I got home then I was going to get it. This is the exact chair painted.
And although I don’t like the color of this chair because it is too bright and I am not fond of the distressed look either, I think it would look great in the one that I originally saw. Besides, if I don’t like it green, I can paint it white and I know it would look great in white.
So guess what? Yup, it was there. So I walked it home in all its glory. It really is a great rocking chair and perfect for a reading corner I hope to make at the new house. It has one spindle that has come loose but nothing that a little wood glue won’t fix.
Can’t wait to work my magic on it!
My life is an open book. As you read through my posts, you are turning the pages of my life. I believe that everything happens for a reason and God will only give you what you can handle. I am a strong woman and my life has been full of trials. I am happy to share the stories of my life with you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Catching up...oh yeah, and I bought a house.
Catching up is the understatement of the year. It's been quite a while since I have been here. The truth is that life has been one adven...
-
So Jose and I have been searching high and low for a house. Just Friday and Saturday alone were hours of looking, making appointments, seein...
-
I am sorry that I have not written a few days. I have been feeling under the weather lately to say the least. Sunday I spent in bed most of ...
-
Today was CJ's first day of pre-school. He was really happy the whole way there and when we drove up, he said.."mama, not miss gina...



No comments:
Post a Comment