So the worst of Hurricane Irene has passed, actually it hit us as Tropical Storm Irene. We were very lucky. According to the news, we still have another 6-8 hours of winds to finish up the tale end of the storm but the worst has passed. We managed to make it this far without losing power so I hope that we can end it with power as well. We have some large branches down in the back and we think a few more will end up going down before this is over. Sadly, the first day of school has been moved to Tuesday for Nathan and CJ and Larissa will be going Tuesday as planned...she is not happy about it though...lol.
Yesterday was Diana's Bachelorette Party and it was so nice to be with the girls once again like that. It was a celebration for Diana but we had such a great time talking about anything and everything. Laughing, eating and drinking were all part of the day. The day the ended with us going over our Bucket Lists and leaving me thinking about our accomplishments this year so far and what we still want to accomplish. Some candid talk was also part of our day. If you can't count on your closest friends to tell you like it is then I don't know who you can count on.
So after the great day of looking back and then being stuck home all day due to Hurricane Irene, it has left me with nothing to do but think. September is just around the corner and only four months left to the year. There are some things that I am still looking to accomplish this year...with a job being at the top of that list. But it has left me thinking much further down the road. The biggest question has always been...what do I want to be when I grow up? Since I don't have a job lined up yet and the kids will be returning to school on Tuesday, I have decided to go to CCRI on Tuesday and talk to someone about my goals and how to make them happen. I know that I won't be able to go back to school until January the earliest because it's already too late for this semester and I don't have the money since I am not working but I need to find out what will be ahead when I am ready.. I just want to look over what I have and what I need to get to...well, to get where I want to go. So that leaves me thinking about where I want to go with my life. It's time to talk to someone who understands education more than I do and have a conversation about being a big girl...lol. I think that it's only fair for me to have a plan since I am expecting the same of my daughter who is a senior. So that is what it weighing heavy on my mind at this time.
My life is an open book. As you read through my posts, you are turning the pages of my life. I believe that everything happens for a reason and God will only give you what you can handle. I am a strong woman and my life has been full of trials. I am happy to share the stories of my life with you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Catching up...oh yeah, and I bought a house.
Catching up is the understatement of the year. It's been quite a while since I have been here. The truth is that life has been one adven...
-
So Jose and I have been searching high and low for a house. Just Friday and Saturday alone were hours of looking, making appointments, seein...
-
I am sorry that I have not written a few days. I have been feeling under the weather lately to say the least. Sunday I spent in bed most of ...
-
Today was CJ's first day of pre-school. He was really happy the whole way there and when we drove up, he said.."mama, not miss gina...
No comments:
Post a Comment