Wednesday, November 17, 2010

A Prayer for Dalissa


Dear God,

Please help my very best friend through this enormously difficult time in her life. It pains me that I can't be there with her. Thank you for blessing her with a such great support system that will help ease some of her pain. Please help her to see that she is not alone as you carry her through the toughest of moments. Let her faith guide her.

She doesn't deserve this. She has always done everything the right way. Please forgive me when I ask, why can't she be spared the pain of so much heartache because of someone else's stupidity and mistakes? I know that I have to trust that this is all happening for a reason. I know that without heartache and sorrow you can never know true love and joy. I know that YOU know best. She will walk away from this much stronger and wiser but it won't be easy. Please help her to awake with a smile on her face each and every day. Help her to see that she is beautiful, strong, smart and couragous. Help her to see what we all see.

Help her to see this as a new beginning, not as an ending. This is an opportunity for her to find herself again and discover the woman she has become. The person who is lost inside her from trying to give so much of herself to "him" that she she forgot to give to herself. "He" doesn't deserve to be mentioned by name because this is about her ! This is about how beautiful she is, even though she doesn't think so because he didn't notice. This is about how infectious her smile is, even though he was the reason she stopped smiling. This is about what an amazing teacher she is, even though he never really knew that because he didn't take the time to listen. This is about what an absolutely incredible and inspirational mother she is to Dylana, even though he has her second guessing herself. This is about the woman who loves to sing at the top of her lungs, even though her songs are now sad because of him. So help her get back to herself. The vibrant woman who is a show stopper. That wild and crazy hair with a personality to match. Those lips that men go crazy about. The woman who turns heads because what is not to love about her. This will truly be a new beginning. A rebirth of some kind. And watch out world because Dalissa is coming back !!!

Christina

No comments:

Catching up...oh yeah, and I bought a house.

Catching up is the understatement of the year. It's been quite a while since I have been here. The truth is that life has been one adven...