Saturday, January 17, 2009

Mom

Well my mother will be going to Portugal at the end February. I have many mixed emotions about this. It will be nice for our family to spend time together alone. I know how terrible that must sound considering that she is part of our family but I hope that you will all understand what I am really saying. Thing are tough with so many people living under the same house, especially when one of them is my mother. I am blessed to have my mother with me so please don't misunderstand but it doesn't allow me time to miss her or the kids to go to grandma's like in normal families. I know that we are far from normal though. I have diverted enough though...

So she is leaving the end of February for quite some time, she isn't even sure for how long yet. She is going to complete her retirement paperwork and that needs to be done in person and it is a process from what I understand. This, however, will leave us with a little bit more for us to figure out. We will now need a place to send CJ for the days and figure out what Larissa and Nathan will do after school and just so many things that we have been blessed not to have to think about before because she was here. I know that we will get through this. It is just a bump in the road ahead of us. I will keep you all posted on our progress. Larissa's friend Taylor, her mother watches kids in her home and I have been there many times over the summer picking up Taylor and really liked her and the way that she is with children. I think that might be an option but then there is the cost that we have to think about. It appears as though we have just started getting on our feet and now we have an added cost to deal with. That is what parenting is all about though so we will be just fine. Where there is a will, there is a way. If it turns out that CJ gets approved for the preschool because of his speech delay then this won't be for very long anyways.

On a lighter note, it will be nice for my mom to see her other children and grandchildren that she does not get to see often enough. I really can't imagine being in her shoes and so far away from her children. I am happy that she is getting this much deserved time away, and much deserved time with her family. And like I mentioned above...this will give us some much needed space too.

1 comment:

Teresa said...

This will be nice for her to go maybe it will help her and it will be hard for you guys but we are here if you need help w cj

Catching up...oh yeah, and I bought a house.

Catching up is the understatement of the year. It's been quite a while since I have been here. The truth is that life has been one adven...