Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy Last Day of 2008

Here it is. The last post of 2008!! What a year it has been. We have had some ups and some downs, but isn't that what life is all about?! That is what shapes us into who we are and who we become. My godmother always said "that which doesn't kill you, will only make you stronger!" and "everything happens for a reason!". That happens to be two quotes that I live by all the time. I am who I am because of what I have been through, the hardships I have endured, and the lessons that I have learned.

I am not a resolution chic. Resolutions seem to never come true for people and tend to turn into jokes too often. I have a New Years "To Do" list. You know that I have to be orginal. Seriously though, it really works. I am a huge "lister" anyways but that is how I get so much done on a normal basis. So here is my list. It is kind of long this year but I have a lot that I want to get done. I am putting it out here for everyone to read so that there is no denying my list. And they are in no particular order...just how they came to mind.
  • Work on me ! I want to try to keep up my appearance and health better than I have in the past year. I have been really busy with many things but that is no excuse (right Mayi?) When you look good, you feel good and when you feel good, everything seems better.
  • Start getting my nails done again ! I don't get to spoil myself much and there is little that I spend money on regularly for me so this is the one thing that I am going to pamper myself with. If not sooner, I will get them on as my birthday present to me.
  • Spend more time outdoors with the kids ! In this day and age, we all spend too much time inside and now that we have almost year round outside weather, I need to take advantage of all that we can do. Maybe it will help get me into shape...some other shape other than round. :o)
  • Visit RI...at least twice ! I obviously am planning Larissa's 15th Birthday there so we all know that I will be there for that but I hope that we will be able to get there one other time. I miss you guys so much and can't wait to see everyone again.
  • Go back to school ! In order for us to take advantage of the community college instate prices, we need to be a resident for at least a year. May will make a year so I want to at least take one class a semester to get my feet back into school until I can do more. Baby steps are always a good way to start.
  • Become more consistant with the kids regarding rules of the house and punishments ! That is the one thing that I have been saying for years. I know that consistancy is not my thing but this year I will try to turn that around, with Jose's help of course.
  • Get a bed ! Yes, we still don't have a bed. We went from sleeping on the inflatable mattress to sleeping on the futon. We need a bed and we need it soon.
  • Since I am talking about buying, I also want to get a dining room set. Each night the six of us sit around the little round table in the kitchen. We need a nice rectangular table that we can fit comfortably around and fit more if necessary. This is not a necessity but I think that we can manage to get a table and chairs in the year to come.
  • I will have one date night with Jose a month...at least. We are slowly settling into this area but we have not had much of a chance to really take time for us. Starting January, we will start having date nights. I really enjoy spending time with him and we need to make it a priority.
  • Get into contact with my brother Tiago...from my father's side. I have only met him once and as the older sibling, I want to reach out and try to build a relationship with him. I don't know where he is or if he is married or even has kids. I might have more neices and nephews that I don't even know about. Life is too short to not know family.

So that is pretty much it. My goals for 2009. I also want Jose to find a job in the feild that he likes. Although his job is pretty good and he has been able to make some good friends there, I know that is not where he sees himself and I want him to be as happy as I am. I can't add that to my "To Do" list though because that is something for him...lol. But I will put it on my wish list for 2009. Bet you think that I am kidding, huh? Well, I am not. I really do have a wish list too but that list is too private to share....get your own !! (LOL)

I hope that you all have a happy and safe New Years. Talk to you all soon in 2009. Love you all and miss you terribly. Kisses and Hugs....Beijinhos !!!

No comments:

Catching up...oh yeah, and I bought a house.

Catching up is the understatement of the year. It's been quite a while since I have been here. The truth is that life has been one adven...