Monday, August 24, 2009

Today is Jose's Birthday

Why is it that the weekend seems to go by so quickly?! Today is Jose's Birthday. Don't know what we are doing yet tonight. It is his birthday so whatever he wants to do is fine with me. It all depends on his mood. Sometimes he just feels like staying home and hanging out in which case we might just order pizza and stay in. Yes, he loves pizza...it would be my luck..lol. Or if he is in the mood to go out then we will head somewhere with the kids to have a nice quiet family dinner. Oh, who am I kidding, there is nothing quiet about my family at all...lmao.

Nathan and Larissa went to the dr's on Friday. They appear to be healthy kids. Nathan is 68 lbs and he is 4' 5 1/2" and Larissa is 88 lbs and she is 4' 11". I discussed my concerns with the pediatrician about Nathan and his ADHD. Turns out that his doctor has the same thoughts on ADHD and medicine as I do so it was really easy to talk to her. She suggested that we see a therapist here to see our options and because this is not her specialty, she didn't want to point us in the wrong direction. She told me that it has been many years since we last saw a therapist and since his symptoms have changed and so has ways of dealing with it, that there could be other avenues of action we can take. That sounds good to me because I really do want that to be a last resort. They were faxing his paperwork to the place they are referring us to and then they will contact us to make an appointment. I can't wait to talk to someone and see if there is anything we can do at home to make it more managable. You know that I will keep you all posted.

CJ went almost the whole weekend without his pacifier. He just had Saturday night because he woke up crying and I tried everything else but he just kept asking for it. So I gave it to him but took it back first thing in the morning. He hasn't touched it again since then. We went and bought him his big boy underwear this weekend. Today is the big day that he is starting without the pull ups. I can't believe how far he has come in such a short time. I actually have to call his old case worker because I am sure she would be so happy to hear that his progress has been so great. She calls once in a while to check on him but he has taken so many steps since the last time we talked that I need to fill her in.

Larissa is all ready for school. We spent last night picking out her outfits for the week. She is so funny about her clothes. And we also put her backpack together already too. She was playing with her hair to find differ styles when I went to bed. She is such a girl !
Gotta go back to work now, talk to you all later !

No comments:

Catching up...oh yeah, and I bought a house.

Catching up is the understatement of the year. It's been quite a while since I have been here. The truth is that life has been one adven...