Today was the first day of school for Cabarrus County Schools along with many counties in our area.
Larissa spent the night at Taylor's last night so that they could go to school together on the first day. She was all excited with her outfit and school bag. I can't wait to hear all about it when I get home. They changed the hours of the schools this year. Larissa is going from 7:15-2:15 so she has to be up early. Her bus comes at 6:15 so she will be up at the crack of dawn. That also means that she will coming home earlier too. It will be nice that she will have some down time before Nathan comes home from school to get some things done or just to unwind. I know that sometimes I expect a lot out of her but I know she can do it. She will probably come home with at least five new friends today. That girl gives new meaning to social butterfly. She will talk to anyone about anything. I guess that is a good thing but it is so hard to keep up with her friends names and where they live. And she is funny because she will sit and talk to me about her whole day and everyone she talked to and what they talked about. I sometimes want to tune her out...who am I kidding, I do tune her out sometimes. The communication that we have is a blessing, and I know that so I wouldn't do anything to jeopordize that at all. She is way more comfortable talking to me about things than I ever was or am talking to my mother. I also know that there have been and will be times when mom is the last person that you want to talk to and from my own experiences, I try to give her that space too. Well, back to the first day of school. I am sure she is having a great day and I can't wait to hear all about it.
Nathan was super excited too. I spent time with him last night picking out his clothes and packing his backpack and making sure that he has everything he needs. I forgot one thing though, I need to get him a watch. His new school hours for middle school are 9-4 and he won't be getting home until 4:30. That is good because it leaves little time for Larissa and Nathan to fight after school...lol. Anyways, because Nathan goes in later, we are all out of house when he leaves in the morning. I called him today to make sure the he was still awake and told him when to get to the bus stop but he needs a watch so that he can tell what time it is when he is waiting for the bus. Sometimes he likes to wait on the porch until he sees other kids there but he needs to know the time just in case there is that one time when he is the only one that day taking the bus. This is a big deal for Nathan, the middle school thing. It will be the first time that he actually has a locker with a lock on it and has to change classes too. I hope that he is organzied because this is when it can get confusing. Nathan has a little of OCD...with certain things. School has always been one of those things. I already told him that he should expect to get a paper from each of his teachers telling him what supplies he will need for that class along with what they will be doing for the year and what is expected of him. He has his folder ready to put them all in and tonight I will go through it with him. I hope that he has a great first day and I hope that he has good teachers. Can't wait to hear all about his day too.
Chat with y'all tomorrow.
xoxoxox
My life is an open book. As you read through my posts, you are turning the pages of my life. I believe that everything happens for a reason and God will only give you what you can handle. I am a strong woman and my life has been full of trials. I am happy to share the stories of my life with you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Catching up...oh yeah, and I bought a house.
Catching up is the understatement of the year. It's been quite a while since I have been here. The truth is that life has been one adven...
-
So Jose and I have been searching high and low for a house. Just Friday and Saturday alone were hours of looking, making appointments, seein...
-
Today was CJ's first day of pre-school. He was really happy the whole way there and when we drove up, he said.."mama, not miss gina...
-
I am sorry that I have not written a few days. I have been feeling under the weather lately to say the least. Sunday I spent in bed most of ...
No comments:
Post a Comment