A little more than half the year has passed and now it's time to re-visit my list and see what I have done and what I still need to do and what I can do !
* work on me...well I have been putting on make-up almost every day, I wear heels every day to work and I put on my earrings but appearance wise, that is it. My hair is just a disaster, I am so bored with it. I do have the name of a place though that I will be checking out soon and hopefully she can do something with my limp mop. I have been making time for me ! Although I haven't read lately because of life being a bit hectic, I did get a lot of reading during the first half of the year and I go to my scrapbooking club once a month so that is just for me. I honestly could do better but I think that I am doing good so far.
*get my nails done....yeah ! Got them done a little before my birthday and still have them on. They make me feel a bit more polished.
*spend more time outdoors with the kids....well, ok, I have failed at this. I am so NOT an outdoors person...lol. I have gone to the pool with the kids a couple of times, I have gone to the park with CJ a couple of times and we have gone to Lazy5Ranch a couple of times...does Lazy5Ranch count? Well, it's outdoors..lol. Now I know where my kids get it from. :o) I am going to attempt to enjoy the outdoors a little more for the remainder of the year though.
*visit RI (at least twice)...another yeah ! And one more trip to go, so it will be three !
*go back to school...I have not done it and I won't be doing it this year. The last semester starts August 18th and there isn't time or money for me to sign up now so I am going to register in December for classes starting in January. At least I will be enrolled by the end of 2009. That has to count for something.
*being more consistant with the kids.....fail ! This is my biggest problem. I am not giving up though, I still have 5 months to prove to myself that I can do it.
*get a bed....yeah ! In February we got a really nice king size bed from Ikea...best money we have spent !
*get a dining room set...yeah ! Most of you saw my before and after of my beautiful FIND.
*one date night a month...yeah ! I actually think that we have had more than one a month, can you actually believe that?! Dates nights really allow us to just get out of the house and just be a couple. This was the best idea.
*get in touch with my brother, Tiago....not yet! I am still working on finding a way to get his address or phone number but I still have time.
Wish List: I also added on the bottom that I was putting on my wish list for Jose to get a job in his field. He has been at his new job three months now and he loves it. The company is great, the people are great and he loves what he does !
So, all in all, it doesn't look that bad. At least half is done and I still have time to get working on the other half. Overall, it looks pretty good. It is nice to go back through the list and actually see that things are done and remind myself of the things that I still need to work on. Don't forget to go back and revisit your lists if you have any. Talk to you guys tomorrow !
My life is an open book. As you read through my posts, you are turning the pages of my life. I believe that everything happens for a reason and God will only give you what you can handle. I am a strong woman and my life has been full of trials. I am happy to share the stories of my life with you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Catching up...oh yeah, and I bought a house.
Catching up is the understatement of the year. It's been quite a while since I have been here. The truth is that life has been one adven...
-
So Jose and I have been searching high and low for a house. Just Friday and Saturday alone were hours of looking, making appointments, seein...
-
Today was CJ's first day of pre-school. He was really happy the whole way there and when we drove up, he said.."mama, not miss gina...
-
I am sorry that I have not written a few days. I have been feeling under the weather lately to say the least. Sunday I spent in bed most of ...
1 comment:
You go girl!!! Good for you.
And even though it wasnt on your list, you also got a first-time pedi this year!!!
Post a Comment