Friday, August 27, 2010

My New Journey: Reading & Understanding the Bible


On Sunday mornings most families are off to church with their families. Me, I am still trying to find my religious place in this world. Many of you here know me personally and some of you just know me from online or my blog. No matter how you know me though, you know that God is a huge part of my life but I struggle with organized religion. I won’t bore you all with my past experiences with organized religion. You can scan through my blog to find out more. Religion is a very taboo subject for some but for me it is an open conversation. No topic is too controversial for me. It is all about learning for me.
Since I have not been able to find a place that I can truly understand and fit into, I have decided to do something…NO, I am not starting my own religion…lol. I am going to read the bible. And not just read the bible but try to understand it. So here is my mission: on Sundays, I will post some verses from the bible (in order) on my current blog. Then I will comment on what I understand it to mean and what questions that I might have. What does this have to do with you, you ask? Well in order for me to fully understand it the way that I want to, I need multiple points of view…hence, your opinions. You don’t need to be an expert; I simply want your opinions and thoughts. Also, since I am sure that we have bibles with different versions, please feel free to tell me any differences that your bible might have. That might add to helping to understand things better.
There are people that I already know will be a great asset to this journey of mine and I hope that you will participate in this with me. Sadly, I do not know all your religious beliefs or views but this will be a great way to get to know each other better as well. I am seriously looking for different points of view, different religious perspectives on the readings. If you know someone that is passionate about religion, please send them my link (no matter their religion). I would love to have them participate and teach me a thing or two.
What I am hoping to accomplish with all this is a better understanding of different religions and how they interpret the bible which will give me a greater understanding of the bible and most importantly, a deeper connection with God. I will start this Sunday. Who knows, maybe you can learn something along the way too. :o)

No comments:

Catching up...oh yeah, and I bought a house.

Catching up is the understatement of the year. It's been quite a while since I have been here. The truth is that life has been one adven...