This has been a tough week for me. I threw out my back on Monday….badly…to the point that I couldn’t do almost anything. It is now day 4 and I am feeling about 75% than I did on Monday.
Yesterday was report card day here in Lincoln. I was quite scared to see what the kids have been up to. Not sure if I posted it here or not but first quarter was a disaster all the way around. Larissa failed 3 classes and barely passed the other 4. Nathan failed 3 classes, barely passed 3 and then got an A and a B. And even CJ was having issues. According to his teacher, he was hanging with the wrong crowd….in Kindergarden?!?!
So of course the kids have been on punishment and it has been an agonizing quarter. I was really scared to go home but made it clear that I didn’t want to hear from any of them that they didn’t have their report cards.
First I opened CJ’s and happy to see that he is doing good in school and no comments about the “wrong crowd” so I was pretty happy.
Second I opened Nathan’s and was….overall ok with the progress. 10 grades…three A’s, three B’s, two C’s and two F’s. All good except for the F’s obviously. We still have work to do but we are progressing and that I have to be happy about. I talked to him. We def need to get those two F’s up without letting the others fall and Nathan agreed. All the grades were brought up with the exception of those two bad grades. One he failed last quarter too so he stayed the same and the other he dropped but like I said, he has worked hard to get these grades up so a little reward is the future. He won’t be getting his laptop back fully because I want him to know that he still has to work harder and keep up the good work in order to get it all back.
Lastly I opened Larissa’s report card. Thank goodness I opened hers last. I honestly don’t think that she is aware that this is her Senior year and she will not graduate unless she passes. She failed four classes and barely passed three. One of the classes she failed is Exhibition which I was under the impression she had to pass in order to graduate. According to Larissa though, it’s not the class grade but the Exhibition project that she has yet to present that determines that. That makes absolutely no sense at all to me but I will find out more. As I was fumbling through the school website trying to see when they have parent/teacher conferences for…I got a voicemail from her school. The secretary for the Principal left me a message asking to set up a meeting regarding her graduation status. I was not the least bit surprised ! So I called back and set up a meeting. I am going in on Monday at 10:45. God help me !
My life is an open book. As you read through my posts, you are turning the pages of my life. I believe that everything happens for a reason and God will only give you what you can handle. I am a strong woman and my life has been full of trials. I am happy to share the stories of my life with you.
Thursday, February 2, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Catching up...oh yeah, and I bought a house.
Catching up is the understatement of the year. It's been quite a while since I have been here. The truth is that life has been one adven...
-
So Jose and I have been searching high and low for a house. Just Friday and Saturday alone were hours of looking, making appointments, seein...
-
Today was CJ's first day of pre-school. He was really happy the whole way there and when we drove up, he said.."mama, not miss gina...
-
I am sorry that I have not written a few days. I have been feeling under the weather lately to say the least. Sunday I spent in bed most of ...
No comments:
Post a Comment