Larissa is leaving for NC tonight. She will be back first thing on Sunday morning. She gets to go for 5 days of her 10 days that she could have gone.
She is super excited and I am sort of excited for her too. She has been working extra hard since our last talk. She has brought up all her grades and is proud of her efforts which means more to me than the actual grades. We even talked about her future.
She has a plan! Did you hear the angels in Heaven sing praises...lol. Seriously. I was floored. Her plan is to graduate June 2012 and then move onto a 2 year community college. Depending on her actions though, she might not go right into the community college. She has not decided yet if she wants to go back to NC to live or not. If she goes then she will have to work for a year before enrolling in a community college and getting in state rates. If she is staying then she can enroll here right away but once her classes are paid for, she can't change her mind about going until the semester is over. We had a nice talk and that is all that I can ask for.
I think that this trip will be an eye opener for her. You all know what I am talking about. You think that everyone is going to stop what they are doing to come see you and that is not how it really happens. You have your really great friends that will do that and then everyone else is just too busy to fit you into their busy schedule.
I hope she has a great time though and I can't wait to hear all about it.
My life is an open book. As you read through my posts, you are turning the pages of my life. I believe that everything happens for a reason and God will only give you what you can handle. I am a strong woman and my life has been full of trials. I am happy to share the stories of my life with you.
Monday, February 20, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Catching up...oh yeah, and I bought a house.
Catching up is the understatement of the year. It's been quite a while since I have been here. The truth is that life has been one adven...
-
So Jose and I have been searching high and low for a house. Just Friday and Saturday alone were hours of looking, making appointments, seein...
-
Today was CJ's first day of pre-school. He was really happy the whole way there and when we drove up, he said.."mama, not miss gina...
-
I am sorry that I have not written a few days. I have been feeling under the weather lately to say the least. Sunday I spent in bed most of ...
No comments:
Post a Comment