Friday, July 2, 2010

Happy (early) 4th of July !

I have not written in a while but I have been busy. We are heading down to Florida tonight for the long weekend and I have been packing and getting things set. I swear that a mother's job is never done. I guess I can't complain too much because Jose pretty much helps me with whatever I need. I am pretty lucky.

So our plan is to drive straight down to West Palm Beach and spend the day the beach with Vanessa. Then Sunday will be breakfast and not sure what else. Sometime Sunday late afternoon or evening, we are heading up to Orlando to see Kevin and where we will stay until we leave to go back up. Not sure yet if that will be Sunday night or Monday morning. We hate to head back so early but we don't want to get stuck in all the traffic either. We will have to play it by ear.

CJ is so excited to see "Auntie Nessa" and to go to the beach. That child has been obsessed with the beach since he was looking at the pics from his 1st birthday. He was very curious about such a place that has SO much sand and SO much water. He just can't wait. His daycare provider is also on vacation at Myrtle Beach so heard more about it before they left and that only got him more excited. I had told him that we would take him to the beach in August when we are in RI but then this opportunity came up to go in Florida too and I had to jump on the chance. As soon as I told him, his little face lit right up. I hope he has a great time and you know that I will take pics and share them with you. In the mean time, here is a pic from his 1st birthday that started this whole thing.



So in preparation for this trip to Florida, I went shopping for a bathing suit. What a BIG mistake that was ! I have been watching what I eat, a little bit anyways but I have been failing at any type of exercise at all. So I am trying on bathing suits and I look in the mirror and what do I see? I see my MOTHER ! OMG ! Hello ! When did I turn into my mother. I feel old and fat and well there are no words to express how I am feeling. So I am determined to do something to change this part of my life and since lyposuction is not an option, I will have to scrounge up some determination somewhere. I need to do this for me ! So I didn't end up getting a bathing suit. I figured that if I am going to hide under a big t-shirt at the beach, I might as well wear my old bathing suit. I will buy a new one when I feel good enough to wear it out in public.

That is what has been going on with me. Nothing else really to report. I will tell you all about my trip when I return. I hope that everyone has a great 4th of July weekend or Independence Day weekend as Jose likes to call it. I hope that you all share the day in the company of loved ones. Have a great weekend everyone !

No comments:

Catching up...oh yeah, and I bought a house.

Catching up is the understatement of the year. It's been quite a while since I have been here. The truth is that life has been one adven...