Those of you that know me, know that I LOVE to entertain and I LOVE to plan parties. I have always enjoyed bringing my crafty touches to it all. So many ideas cloud up my head, especially when the kids birthday's roll around but since they usually have their own ideas of what they want to do, the ideas stay locked up in the cobwebbed attic of my mind hoping to be unleashed at some point. I have even played with the idea (with some encouragement from family and friends) to turn it into a business but never acted on it. Maybe someday.
Well recently, I stumbled on a blog of a mother of three (like me) who shares my love in decorating and parties. What really grabbed my attention about her was that she did it for her family on a regular basis while I just sat around waiting for an event. Why?! Why do I wait for an event of some kind to put together the millions of creative ideas stored in my head? The answer to that question is...I don't know. I guess it is very silly of me to never have thought of doing such parties just for my family. Doing a party for a family of 5 gives me much more creative reign than a party of 20 or more since budget wise, I would only need enough stuff for five people. So there it is ! I have decided to start implementing my corky crazy ideas that I have pulled together through out the years on my very loving and deserving family.
This week I continue to be busy with the plans for CJ's 4th birthday party scheduled to be on Saturday. I am actually having a ton of fun coming up with ideas for this party. I can't wait to see it all come together. Last night I worked on construction placemats for each of the kids. They are yellow and black adorned with a construction truck, some lettering and of course, their names. I am not done with them yet. They feel like they are still missing something so I will continue to brainstorm with the few days that I still have left.
So I guess my plan will be to try to sneak in one little family party (for lack of a better word) a week or something like that. Not necessarily a party but being able to allow my creative juices to flow onto our dinner table. I guess that was a better way of saying it. I am thinking that the first one will be a sundae bar since I have these really cute sundae dishes I bought at the dollar store years ago and have used them only a limited amt of time. The fact that my family simply loves ice-cream is another great reason to start here. I have a great idea for a tablescape using the toppings so I hope that I can pull it together but you know what? It's only for my family so what better way to practice until I can get it perfect. I will try my best to include pics with all of them of course.
My life is an open book. As you read through my posts, you are turning the pages of my life. I believe that everything happens for a reason and God will only give you what you can handle. I am a strong woman and my life has been full of trials. I am happy to share the stories of my life with you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Catching up...oh yeah, and I bought a house.
Catching up is the understatement of the year. It's been quite a while since I have been here. The truth is that life has been one adven...
-
So Jose and I have been searching high and low for a house. Just Friday and Saturday alone were hours of looking, making appointments, seein...
-
Today was CJ's first day of pre-school. He was really happy the whole way there and when we drove up, he said.."mama, not miss gina...
-
I am sorry that I have not written a few days. I have been feeling under the weather lately to say the least. Sunday I spent in bed most of ...
No comments:
Post a Comment