
I can't believe that Christmas is Friday. Where does the time go? Don't get me wrong, I am more than ready for Christmas but it seems like this year has just flown by.
Let's see...the Christmas tree is up, the decorations are outside, the gifts are all bought, 1/3 of the gifts are wrapped (2/3 will be wrapped after tonight) and I have to go grocery shopping tonight for Christmas Dinner.
I can't wait for Christmas. I can't wait to see the kids faces on Christmas morning. I can't wait to spend the day helping them pull everything out of the boxes and bags and going through it all. The joy of being so innocent. The simplest things make the kids happy. We get so worked up in the buying and sending of gifts that we forget to slow down and enjoy it all. This Christmas season has been wonderful for me. I have so much to be thankful for and so many people to be thankful for. There are so many people out there that have so much less than we do. Those without jobs or worst yet, without homes. Those that have lost loved ones and those that won't get to spend Christmas with their loved ones. I just want everyone to take some time on Christmas and take a look around at what you have. You might not have gotten what you wanted for Christmas or you might not have been able to give your kids and family members what you would have liked but don't you have what really matters?
I hope that everyone had a very merry christmas and a happy new year from my family to yours.
No comments:
Post a Comment