Friday, December 19, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

So the tree is up, the lights are on, the presents are wrapped under the tree, the stockings hung by the chimney with care and it's 70 out today...this is going to take some getting used to. I love our new home and I have loved decorating it for the holidays. I am looking forward to getting the fireplace working and being able to sit by the fire with the kids. I can't believe that Christmas is already next week though. Time has flown by since we arrived her in North Carolina and we are trying to enjoy every little bit of it.

We had quite an unexpected struggle when we got here. Our plan had not been for both of us to be unemployed but as we all know, things don't always go as planned. Thankfully, God saw us through that difficult time. We are not completely where we want to be but we are taking baby steps and we will get there. We know that it will just take a little longer than we planned but we are thankful for what we have.

It is going to be really hard to think of all those celebrating in RI without us. I will miss seeing the kids open their presents and taking pictures, of course! It is hard to realize that we won't be going to Mami & Papi's and Betty's for Christmas Eve and picking up the kids from Melanie's house. Last year we were going crazy making sure to fit everyone in and going from house to house but this year we will be missing it, I am sure of it. We are thankful to have wonderful friends here that are never too far away. As the years go on, I am sure that we will develop new traditions even though the old ones will forever be in our hearts. I hope that everyone has a wonderful Christmas because I know that we will too. We will be thinking of you all on our first North Carolina Christmas.

No comments:

Catching up...oh yeah, and I bought a house.

Catching up is the understatement of the year. It's been quite a while since I have been here. The truth is that life has been one adven...