Monday, June 21, 2010

My Little Sis

I know what most of you are thinking...I don't have a little sister, well I do and I will explain.

I have a huge problem with the saying "blood is thicker than water". I understand the saying but I don't find it to be accurate. I have been blessed to be adopted in to a family that has treated more like their own than my own family. There is no blood between us and there doesn't need to be.

My best friend's sister, Bianca, is so much more than that to me. She is an amazing friend, a wonderful godmother to my son, a wonderful cumadre to me and a little sister to me. That is the best way that I can describe her. She is so many things to me but she is my little sister. I would do anything for her (and her family) and I know she feels the same. We have experienced many things together and followed some of the same paths along the way. We have helped each other through some very difficult times in our lives and celebrated during some very joyous times in our lives. I just wanted to take a minute and tell everyone how much I love her and how much she means to me.

You see, yesterday was Father's Day. Bianca and I have both experienced what it is like to be a single mother. During those years we played the role of both mother and father. During those years, we began celebrating Father's Day as our own too. Many years later, we are both blessed to have wonderful men in our lives that not only are the fathers of our youngest children but also incredible stepfather's to our two older children. Still yet, on Father's Day, I can't help but think of Bianca and everything that we have gone through together. A little peice of us will always be allowed to celebrate Father's Day as our own for all that we have done for our children.

So Happy Belated Father's Day to all the single mother's out there.

No comments:

Catching up...oh yeah, and I bought a house.

Catching up is the understatement of the year. It's been quite a while since I have been here. The truth is that life has been one adven...