Thursday, June 17, 2010

My Blog Is Going Public

I have made the decision, after much thought, to make my blog public. Up until now it has been private and only invited people could read it. This was not a decision that I made lightly and I have reasons for it. I had reservations about putting my life out there but in all fairness, my life really is an open book.

I love to write and feel that sometimes what I write about should and could be reaching out to more people. The things that I write about are pretty much things in my life and sometimes things in my head...lol. It is probably accurate to say that I am not the only one in the world to have these same thoughts. I take comfort in reading other blogs and realizing that I am not alone. If I can do that for someone else then that is what I aim for. In addition, I want to include the link to my blog with my signature in my email but there is no point to that if it's private and can't be accessed anyways.

Writing for the public will be a little bit different. So much so that I actually contemplated started a whole other blog for the public and keeping this one private. But the truth is that many, if not all, the postings would be similar or even the same. I will have to remember that the public does not know me personally and because of this, I will not just be able to name people in my life and assume they know who I am talking about. That is simple enough though.

This blog was originally created to keep in touch with my family and friends that are spread out throughout the world but I had not considered the friends-turned-family that we have made here that are still getting to know me too. So my writing has gotten more explanitory as time has gone on. That was another reason I decided to just use this one. Without any further explanation....I am live !



I will be going back and changing the intro to explain better why I am blogging since that has changed. My intro will probably be a little bit more about me too for those that don't know me. I will have to let people know that I am a very blunt person. I speak my mind. It is my mind and my opinion only. I do not expect you to share the same opinion and actually welcome and encourage hearing how your opinion differs from mine.

1 comment:

Catching up...oh yeah, and I bought a house.

Catching up is the understatement of the year. It's been quite a while since I have been here. The truth is that life has been one adven...