Thursday, June 24, 2010

I am losing my mind !!!!

Larissa is driving me crazy. My biggest fear at this point, after having a heated discussion (via text) with Larissa, is that she has not and will not learn her lesson. In all fairness to her, I have not allowed her enough time to let it sink in and react the way a person should and I won't know how she reacts until she starts school in Sept. I am really emotional now after our conversation. The girl is dilerious and she is really scaring me with how naive she is being. This was our converstation:

Me: r u ok?
Larissa: Yeah, why wouldn't I be?
Me: ur report card?
Larissa:My school's retarted and I don't understand how I failed but the thing that makes me mad is not only do I have to repeat the year but I have to do it at Concord High School.
Me: Well now you have three years with your new friends. We will have to talk when you get back cuz your grades were horrible, how did you not see it coming?
Larissa: Yeah, great I get to spend three years in a crapy school, the worst school in freakin north carolina ! I don't wanna be friends with people at concord high. And their performance they put on in theatre when we did beauty and the beast, they did guys and dolls and it was a laughing joke. I don't know who told you concord is a good school but it is certainly not.
Me: You know what pisses me off? You haven't even given this school a chance. You are too busy believing everyone else instead of forming an opinion of your own. You can spend your life complaining or you can make the most of your life. It's your choice. There is no choice of where you are going to school but you can choose how to handle it however you wish. If Robinson is such a good school then how come you failed? You certainly didn't take advantage of how wonderful you think it is. No point in arguing with you though cuz you already have your mind made up. It's going to make for a miserable three years but that is on you.
Larissa:it is a FACT that Concord High is a horrible school ! Believe what you wanna believe and think that I'm listening to my friends but it's a bad school. Might as well be sticking me back at Perry.
Me: So smarty pants...where are you getting your FACTS from? I would really like to know?
Larissa: Lets see, you can ask the teachers and students or the principals, go for it. And then it makes it especially horrible for me because their theatre program is a joke.
Me:Asking people? That is your FACTS? Do you know what a fact is? I have supported every decision and dram you have had and u repay me by failing. Honestly the only thing that I care about this coming year is your education and grades...theatre and the extra things you want you will have to earn back. If you prove yourself and really want to do theatre but not at concord then there are programs. You have to make the best of things if you expect to get anywhere. The world is yours. I will even help you attain your dreams but you have to be able to want it and go after it. Your grades tell me otherwise.
Larissa: Theatre may be an extra but hello this is high school. I need that credit. It's not like I can just not have a fourth class.
Me: Maybe so but that 4th class doesn't have to be theatre. Learn from Alex and take a language. I don't care what you take as long as you pass your classes!

No comments:

Catching up...oh yeah, and I bought a house.

Catching up is the understatement of the year. It's been quite a while since I have been here. The truth is that life has been one adven...