Larissa...
Now that my initial shock has worn off about Larissa being held back, I can think clearly again. I still need to allow time for the dust to settle a little bit before I make any decisions about change. No doubt that changes need to be made all the way around. Gone are the days of just getting everything and coming and going all the time. That privelage has been abused. Larissa has made her bed, now she needs to lie in it.
Thankfully, it is now Day 3 for her in RI and at least no new drama on that front to report.
Nathan...
Last night was family night at Nathan's sleepover boyscout camp. The parents all drive up (its an hour away) to see our boys and we all have dinner together potluck style. This is a wonderful meal for the boys apart from their camping food. It was so good to see Nathan. He got good color too from being out in the sun all day long. Two of the boys got dehydrated the day before though, which worries me. They are ok thankfully. Of course I took pictures and as soon as I download them, I will post them here. Nathan was making remarks jokingly about coming back home with me but when it was time to leave he had tears in his eyes. He really wanted to come home. I talked to him and he was sad but ok. I can't wait to bring him home on Saturday. He was so brave and I am so proud of him.
I also picked up his report card and was very proud of how well he had done. I took it with me to show him and even he was pleasantly surprised at how well he did. He got an 85 in English, 81 in Math, 90 in Science, 72 in SS, 100 in Health and 97 in Band. Woo Hoo! What a great job ! 7th grade, here he comes !
CJ...
The new daycare is a blessing. He enjoys going and having a small group this summer seems to really be agreeing with him. Kirsten is wonderful with the kids and her daughter Eva has CJ eager to go each and every morning. He made his first Father's Day card this year. It was cute and I loved being surprised with it too. Yesterday they went on a field trip to the library and watched a Magic Show. CJ really enjoyed the show and hasn't stopped talking about it.
He is doing great with his potty training too !
Jose and I...
We are still waiting to hear if we are officially approved for the Kia. I never dreamed it would take this long but good things come to those who wait...lol.
We really need to get together to find out how we are going to approach this coming school year. There are many things that need to be ironed out and decided. Many changes coming, I hope.
We are settling in real nice to our new home. Enjoying the perks of saving a little money for things like a car, even if it means we will be broke again until we save more...lol.
We are anxiously awaiting our upcoming trip to Florida to see Vanessa ! I can't wait to actually have a vacation !
My life is an open book. As you read through my posts, you are turning the pages of my life. I believe that everything happens for a reason and God will only give you what you can handle. I am a strong woman and my life has been full of trials. I am happy to share the stories of my life with you.
Thursday, June 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Catching up...oh yeah, and I bought a house.
Catching up is the understatement of the year. It's been quite a while since I have been here. The truth is that life has been one adven...
-
So Jose and I have been searching high and low for a house. Just Friday and Saturday alone were hours of looking, making appointments, seein...
-
Today was CJ's first day of pre-school. He was really happy the whole way there and when we drove up, he said.."mama, not miss gina...
-
I am sorry that I have not written a few days. I have been feeling under the weather lately to say the least. Sunday I spent in bed most of ...
No comments:
Post a Comment