Thursday, January 8, 2009

Nathan

I just wanted to share with you a wonderful email that I got from Nathan's teacher. I am so proud of him.

Good Morning. Nathan is doing very well in class. He seems to be focused on his work more and less on socializing. It feels like he is more secure with having friends. It is amazing how much he has matured in my class. I hope you are seeing it at home as well.
Math is Nathan's hardest subject. He grasps the concepts, it just seems to take him a little longer. We are going to begin a tutoring program during school hours in the next few weeks. A letter should be coming home soon discussing the program. I have recommended Nathan to be in the program to help him have extra practice and support in math. This will also help prepare him for the EOGs in May. 5th grade is a gateway year, and it is very important for Nathan to do as well as he can on the test.I hope this helps. I really am very pleased with Nathan's progress. He is a great kid! Have a great day.

Sarah Scott
5th Grade Teacher
Weddington Hills Elementary School

"Instruction is what we say, influence is what we do, image is what we are." S. Truett Cathy

No comments:

Catching up...oh yeah, and I bought a house.

Catching up is the understatement of the year. It's been quite a while since I have been here. The truth is that life has been one adven...