Hey Everyone. I am sorry that it has taken me this long to post again. Life is just crazy sometimes and days go by without realizing it.
Work has been insane. Kelly, my co-worker and good friend since being here, was laid-off on Monday at 5pm. It was a shock to everyone to say the least. She is the Credit Manager and the company has decided to give the credit part to our Florida office. I worked with Kelly directly so this has been a change for me. First of all, I miss her so much. She is the one person that I was able to become friends with, real friends not just acquaintance, you know?! Anyways, it was a blow for her and for me, it left me feeling really guilty. I mean she has worked here for three years and she is the one they lay-off. I was wondering why her and not me. I am not saying that I want to be laid-off because I clearly don't but I just feel terrible. To add to that, she is going through a divorce and is a single mom to a 7 year old little boy. Yeah, I know that this will pass and she will move onto better things and I know personally that being a single parent can be done but my emotions have been a little running high. So with her not here, they have taken away many of my job duties and given me a bunch of new duties. I welcome the change and love to learn more. It is more to add to my resume for the future. Of course, with learning new things comes all the newness of things and the craziness of learning how to do it and how to develop a routine to get it all done that works for you. I know that it will all be fine but goodness, I am overworked today and I miss Kelly terribly. The job is definatly not the same without her. And my days are not the same without her either.
Nathan has his first Karate Tournament on Feb 7th. He is super excited and so am I. I was watching his spar yesterday at practice and my boy is really good. He beat all the kids that he went against. I had to talk to him afterwards so that he doesn't get cocky with his attitude about it because all it takes is one person better than you to through you off your high horse...lol. He kind of understood. I will let you all know how it is after I go. It is an all day thing. We leave at 8am only to return at 8pm. Don't these people know that I have more than one child to attend to. Thankfully I have Jose to help me out but what if I didn't.
Larissa is trying out for a theatre production for a local company called Narroway. I hope that she is able to get something there because it could be a great opportunity for her. I am so excited for her and so proud that she is going for this. It isn't that close by but they don't practice every night and they do have two casts for each production so that nobody has to be there all the time. I will keep you guys posted on my little performer.
CJ is having his speech evaluation on January 29th at 9am. I think that I already know the verdict but I would like a professional opinion. His play therapist is coming the 30th to do her first initial visit and then she will be coming every Thursday at 12:30. The program has been incredible and once again, FREE is the best thing of all. Once again, I will let you all know what happens as things happen.
Jose is looking for a new job. Don't panic, he is still at his old job but he is clearly not happy. He needs to get back into the medical industry and besides that is where the most job security is too. Who knows, maybe once this economy gets better maybe I will try getting back into the medical field myself or maybe everything will work out here...you just never know.
Well...I have to head back to work now. I miss you all and I notice that nobody is leaving me comments. Now either nobody is reading this and I have just created an online diary to myself or you guys are just losers and chose not to participate in this wonderful form of communication that I have set up. You all know that I love you but for goodness sake....comment alread.
My life is an open book. As you read through my posts, you are turning the pages of my life. I believe that everything happens for a reason and God will only give you what you can handle. I am a strong woman and my life has been full of trials. I am happy to share the stories of my life with you.
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Catching up...oh yeah, and I bought a house.
Catching up is the understatement of the year. It's been quite a while since I have been here. The truth is that life has been one adven...
-
So Jose and I have been searching high and low for a house. Just Friday and Saturday alone were hours of looking, making appointments, seein...
-
Today was CJ's first day of pre-school. He was really happy the whole way there and when we drove up, he said.."mama, not miss gina...
-
I am sorry that I have not written a few days. I have been feeling under the weather lately to say the least. Sunday I spent in bed most of ...
No comments:
Post a Comment