Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Meal Plan on a budget

I was helping a friend out and thought I would put this here. I have had to budget meals many times in the past. I guess I am sort of a pro at it when I need to be. I want to have it to reference back to in case anyone else needs it or I need a quick meal plan that I can just print and head to the store with.




These are based on my prices here at Aldi’s. Yours might be slightly higher or lower but only by cents. Let me know if you don’t know how to put any of the dishes together (recipes). Most are simple enough that you know what they are. The total for this list is $48.39 for the week’s dinner and lunch also on the weekends.


 


You will need these for a couple recipes:


               Milk $1.99


               Butter $1.59


              


Monday: Shepards Pie


               1 lb frozen tube ground turkey $1.19


               1 box instant mash potato $1.99 (milk and butter from above)


               2 cans corn or peas .59/ea= $1.18


               1 dozen eggs $1.29 (only use one egg, save the rest for egg salad)


               Total for this meal $5.65


 


Tuesday: Mexican Mac & Cheese


               2 boxes instant mac & cheese .39/ea= $.78 (milk and butter from above)


               1 pkg taco seasoning .30


               1 lb frozen tube ground turkey $1.19


               1 can black beans .59


               1 can corn .59


               Total for this meal $3.45


 


Wednesday: Salsa Chicken in crockpot with Instant Rice


               1 family pack of chicken thighs (12 pcs) I don’t pay more than $5.00. Whatever you have leftover you will shred with the leftover sauce and put aside for another meal)


               1 large jar of mild salsa $2.19 (just put chicken and jar of salsa in crockpot and cook for 6 hours)


               1 box instant rice $1.99


               Total for this meal is $9.18 (but the leftover chicken and salsa is for another meal)


 


Thursday: Lazy Lasagna


               1 bag frozen ravioli $1.99


               1 bag frozen tube ground turkey $1.19


               1 jar sauce $1.29(comes together just like lasagna. Layer of sauce, layer of ravioli, layer of sauce, layer of cheese, layer of ravioli, layer of sauce and top with cheese)


               1 bag shredded cheese $1.99


               Total for this meal is $6.46


 


Friday: Pizza Night


               2 frozen pizzas $1.99/each = $3.98 Total for this meal


               **this is half a pizza for each person. I am sure the little ones won’t eat a half a pizza but you and Patrick might want more. Pop in a movie and family night it is !**


 


Saturday Lunch: Egg Salad Sandwiches and Potato Chips


               1 loaf of bread .99


               1 dozen eggs (minus 1 used in shepards pie) already included in the price


               1 jar mayo $1.89


               1 bag of chips $1.49


               Total for this meal is $4.37


 


Saturday Dinner: Pasta with Shredded Salsa Chicken


               1 box of pasta .99


               Leftover Salsa chicken shredded with sauce


               1 box garlic bread $1.99


               Total for this meal is $2.98


 


Sunday Lunch: Grilled Cheese & Soup


               1 loaf of bread .99 (use butter from above)


               1 pkg slice cheese .99


               3 cans chicken noodle (or what kind you like).69/ea= $2.07


               Total for this meal $4.05


 


Sunday Dinner: Salisbury Steak & Instant Mashed


               2 boxes Salisbury steak 1.99/ea = $3.98


               Mashed potato from shepards pie


               1 can of veggie of choice .69


               Total for this meal $4.69

No comments:

Catching up...oh yeah, and I bought a house.

Catching up is the understatement of the year. It's been quite a while since I have been here. The truth is that life has been one adven...