This weekend was a pretty good weekend considering.
Jose went away on a ski trip with the guys. He left Friday
afternoon. So Friday night was busy with me leaving work to get CJ from his after
school program, then getting Nathan from Exeter before going home. It wasn’t
too bad though. Got home with enough time to make some dinner for the boys and
cuddle with them while watching a little tv
before they departed to their corners with their computers.
Saturday was pretty uneventful as well, aside from the
Blizzard of 2016. Went to the grocery store and left the car running by
accident in almost the worst part of town…lol. Only me. But God was looking out
for me because it was still there, running with the heat on, nice and toasty
waiting for me. I can laugh now but what a heart attack I almost had. I made
some Portuguese soup for the boys and got to cleaning. Took down my Christmas
tree…finally. Put away all my Christmas decorations. Starting decluttering.
Collapsed on the couch around 6pm to eat some soup and cuddle up for a Hawaii
Five-O marathon.
Sunday I had plans to go out and shovel and clean off my car
but I wanted to make Chicken soup so that I could have some warm soup to eat
when I came in. When I finished the soup, I looked outside and saw that the
driveway had already been shoveled and my car cleaned off. The upstairs
neighbors had done it all. So I decided to bake them cupcakes as a thank you.
They were so surprised but I wanted them to know just how thankful I was. They
knew that Jose was away so they didn’t want me to do it alone. I would have had
Nathan’s help but I was still so grateful. So I had time to do some laundry and
clean some more.
Jose came home on Sunday and I was so happy to see him. We
got to spend some quality time together before I had to take Nathan back to Exeter.
Nathan is back on his academic classes after being off them during his
janitorial training. He is happy to be working on his academics once again…who
would have thought?
Here is a pic of my cupcakes...

No comments:
Post a Comment