Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The Packing Begins...

This is what my house looks like…everywhere !

Yesterday I mentioned our new place and I told you that I would tell you more later. Well, later is now. :o)

For those of you that don’t know, I have been less than happy in our current place. It wasn’t all bad and the thought of moving makes my skin crawl, I am not kidding, but I couldn’t make it feel like home no matter how hard I tried. So we notified our landlords that we were leaving and we started our search.

Our search wasn’t that long but it seemed insanely long to me. It’s true that you make up your mind about a place within the first 30 seconds in the house. Everything that we looked at was tiny. Leaving was our choice so we wanted to be sure to be going somewhere better, not worst and I wasn't interested in settling. Our needs were that we stay within walking distance for Larissa’s job, within CJ’s school district, would allow our cats and fit our family with parking for two cars and laundry somewhere in the building. Our wants were 4 bedrooms and room to spread out and preferably all on one level. I like simple. I don’t care about all the extra stuff that people tend to fuss so much about when looking for places.

I got a good feeling from the landlord right away, despite the fact that his mother had just passed the day before. He seemed genuine and just really proud of his rentals. And he seems as though he was really interested in good people coming in. I know all landlords say that but he really seems like he means it.

I got a great feeling from the house too. It is so spacious and it has everything we wanted and more. We have the four bedrooms that we wanted. We have a large eat in kitchen and this only shows you half of it:

And a dining room and a really large living room. The living room has sliding doors that open to the fenced in back yard. This picture was taken from the kitchen and you can see the dining room (the room with the hardwood floors) and into the living room and out to the backyard. I love how open it feels:

Here is a picture of the living room and the sliding doors. You really can't tell how big it really is in this picture though. CJ just had to get in the picture of course:

I really need to take more pictures because I just snapped these real quick to get something. If I had to pick one thing that I don’t like about the apartment it would be the dark kitchen. I can definitely find a way to lighten it up with all my white accessories but I think that the landlord would even let us paint it with time. For now though, I just want to work with what we have. Jose likes the wood and ironically so does everyone else that sees it. There are so many windows in the house though that it’s bright and full of light. I love it. Can you tell that I love it?

We are all super excited about the move, including the kids. Of course, that makes me even happier. So I put the deposit on the place yesterday afternoon and the packing started. I got stuck because I really wanted to pack stuff in the kitchen and I realized that I didn’t have any newspaper to wrap things in so I stopped packing. I will be stopping at the store today to get a couple newspapers and the packing will continue.

I am heading toward the light at the end of the tunnel and it looks really bright.

No comments:

Catching up...oh yeah, and I bought a house.

Catching up is the understatement of the year. It's been quite a while since I have been here. The truth is that life has been one adven...