Thursday, January 12, 2012

My 2012 To-Do List

My 2012 To-Do List

I am going to keep it sweet and to the point. I always seem to add to my list and over-complicate things. I have to admit that I am at a point in my life that I am content. I have to so much to be thankful for. I have gone through so much and have come out kicking and screaming.

I have learned that things like relationships with family and friends (like on my to-do list last year) are things that evolve through time, not just a year. It is great to work on them year after year but it’s not something that can be checked off of a list.

So after giving some thought to the things that I would like to accomplish this year, this is what I have come up with. These are simply areas that I would like to work on this year.


• "FAMILY”. I have learned throughout history and from my mistakes not to expect too much. I just want to work on spending more quality time with my family. I have been trying to get a grip on Nathan’s meds for his ADHD. I am also trying to deal with the fact that Larissa will be 18 this year. My relationship with CJ is ever evolving and I learn something new about him each and every day. And of course I am always working on my relationship with Jose. And lastly working on myself so that I can be a better person.
• “HOME”. I feel as though this needs a little bit of explanation due to past posts. I have realized that the feeling of home does not mean that we have to own it. My home growing up was an apartment. We lived in the same apartment for about 12 years and that was my home. I didn’t care that it wasn’t a house my mother owned. All that mattered to me was that my mother made it “home” for us. So I am making it my priority to make the remainder of my stay at this current house as much of a home as I can. And the next house or apartment we land in, I will be make sure to make it our home. Owning it or not will not stop me from turning it into our home.
• “EDUCATION”. I really want to go back to school this year but I don’t know if it will happen or not. I have put it on my list for the past couple of years and failed. I want to go back and I hope to go back but if I can’t then I will be ok with that. Education goes beyond school though. I want to take a cake decorating class and I want to take sewing classes too. I love to learn and I want to have fun learning about whatever I can. Maybe even a photography class of some kind…who knows?
• “NC”….visit my friends in NC that I miss so much !

No comments:

Catching up...oh yeah, and I bought a house.

Catching up is the understatement of the year. It's been quite a while since I have been here. The truth is that life has been one adven...