Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Counting My Blessings

Today’s Positive Quotation:
"When I hear somebody sigh that life is hard, I am always tempted to ask, "Compared to what?"
It might sound corny, but it does help to “count your blessings” so that you pay attention to all the good things in life.

Everyone looks at someone else and thinks how wonderful it would be if you could have their house, their job, their furniture, their money, their happy family. There are two things that are very important to remember when you are in one of those moments.

First of all, things are not always what they seem. What appears to be a happy family is not always. What we see as outsiders is not always what is on the inside. No matter how happy appear to be, they have problems just like you and I. They are just better at hiding them than you might be.

The last thing is that just like you are looking to someone who has more than you, there is someone who has less than you looking at you and wanting what you have. There is someone out there wishing they had what you have. There are people much less fortunate that you who would love to have a fraction of what you have. Sometimes we forget that. Because we want more all the time, we forget what we already have. We try to teach this to our children but sometimes we forget to take our own advice.

No comments:

Catching up...oh yeah, and I bought a house.

Catching up is the understatement of the year. It's been quite a while since I have been here. The truth is that life has been one adven...