Thursday, May 5, 2011

The things we do for love....

Aint that the truth ! It sounds like such a cheesey saying but it's so true. Not in the new love, teenage sense but in the really true love after many years sense. It is so hard to believe that Jose and I have been together for almost ten years. I guess we can't really count the ten years since we weren't together for a year and a half somewhere in the middle of it all. Even through that time when we weren't dating though, we were still the best of friends and our relationship was still growing.

I have been insanely stressed with our upcoming move. It's a lot to take in at once and the planning has been over the top...even for me. But I am trying to stay focused on how lucky I am to have the most amazing man in my life by my side. The hardest part of this whole move is that we will be apart for 4 weeks. I am sure that military wives out there would laugh at my mere 4 weeks but it is a big deal to me. I have comfort in knowing that he will be looking for a place for us to live and he will be there waiting for us to continue our lives together. Sappy, I know !

Many people have asked if we have thought this whole thing through. Trust me when I say that we have thought it to death ! People ask if we had thought about him going up by himself and me staying here with the kids. I am a mess thinking of the 4 weeks we are spending apart, can you imagine and undetermined amount of time? Besides, I wouldn't dream of not being there myself if something happened, not letting CJ enjoy this time with his grandmother and not being there for Jose should something happen. He is my rock and I would like to think that I am his as well. We get through tough times together...that is what we do. And that is what we are doing. This is the best decision for our family. This is where we need to be. And whatever home he finds for us will be wonderful because we will be there as a family together.

1 comment:

Teresa said...

What you are doing for your family is what its all about. You are what love really is. For a home is where you put your head down at night and its where your heart is.. I wish you both the best and i know you will be ok. You are there together and together you can do anything. Stay strong.

Catching up...oh yeah, and I bought a house.

Catching up is the understatement of the year. It's been quite a while since I have been here. The truth is that life has been one adven...