I know, I know, it's been too long. I won't even bother with excuses. Let me just catch you up on what has been going on.
The two oldest are going to drive me to drink with their issues with their school work this year so I might as well be enrolled back in school...it is a good thing that I actually like school. My nights are spend going over homework, making sure all work is complete, helping with projects and studying for tests. I know that this might sound typical of a mother with children but they are 16 and 12. They should already know how to do most of this by themselves but apparently they tripped, fell and hit their heads because they seem to have amnesia about what needs to be done and how. I guess it's partly my fault for always babying them...at least that is what Jose says. Isn't it my job as a mother to do what I can for them though? Who knows.
CJ is learning more and more each day and it amazes me. His day care provider is still a little worried about him not pronouncing the first letter in each word so I have emailed the lady who did his therapy before to see what he suggests. Maybe we can get him evaluated and find out if that is something that we need to worry about or not. It would be great if they brought him into the Long School again because now it is right down the street from our house and not where he is zoned to start Kindergarten next year. I have no idea how this zoning stuff works but it makes no sense to me at all. But honestly, he is so smart and I am not worried. He knows how to write him name, he can sing his ABC's, he knows his colors....I will have to get a list of what a child should know for Kindergarten so that I can begin to get him ready. Dala, any ideas where I can get that? I can't believe he is going to school next year already. Where has the time gone?
So aside from that, we are still making our house a home. The house has changed so much since we have been in it. We are still learning to make use of the space we have. We are discovering that we actually have a lot more space than we ever realized but we just don't know how to use it to it's potential. I feel like we are also merging design styles too. Jose and I have started to lean towards cottage white style (not country) to give a more open and clean feeling. More of a beach cottage feel, sort of...oh, who knows what it will end up like...lol. I guess the house has that feeling about it so it is sending us in that direction. I have done some research and will start adding in that style a little at a time by changing what we have with paint, fabrics and slipcovers. I am sure that it will be a lot of work but also a lot of fun watching our home turn more into a home that expresses both our styles. I am really looking forward to it but it will have to wait til after the holidays because I just can't tackle that right now.
My life is an open book. As you read through my posts, you are turning the pages of my life. I believe that everything happens for a reason and God will only give you what you can handle. I am a strong woman and my life has been full of trials. I am happy to share the stories of my life with you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Catching up...oh yeah, and I bought a house.
Catching up is the understatement of the year. It's been quite a while since I have been here. The truth is that life has been one adven...
-
So Jose and I have been searching high and low for a house. Just Friday and Saturday alone were hours of looking, making appointments, seein...
-
Today was CJ's first day of pre-school. He was really happy the whole way there and when we drove up, he said.."mama, not miss gina...
-
I am sorry that I have not written a few days. I have been feeling under the weather lately to say the least. Sunday I spent in bed most of ...
No comments:
Post a Comment