Thursday, December 23, 2010

Amazing Kids !

I am pretty lucky as far as this season goes and as far as being a mother with great children. I am almost done wrapping all of my presents but in doing so, I realized something. My kids are beyond amazing. My kids didn't ask for much at all. I mean seriously.

Larissa is 16 and what did she ask for? She asked for a new straightener. Not one of those $100+ straighteners either but a $17 one from Walgreens. It happens to be the one that she prefers after using the more expensive ones from her friends. And she asked for hair bows, make-up and paint & brushes. That's it !


Nathan is 12, he will be 13 in April and what did he ask for? He asked for Gir clothes, a sticker for his skateboard and a membership to an online game that is $20. Again, that's it. Nothing else. I made the two oldest write letters to Santa with CJ and that was what Nathan wrote with a note at the bottom saying "and anything else that you want to surprise me with". That's it ! (NAthan doesn't smile unless I tickle him for pics...lol)


CJ is 4. The world is at his fingertips and toy commercials are everywhere. What did he ask for? He asked for a car and a wagon. That is it !


I know that Christmas is not about the gifts or the money but kids don't usually get it. They want what they want and that is it. I am so proud of my kids for not being materialistic. Yesterday Nathan and Larissa's father sent them a box for Christmas. Don't fall over, yes, he actually sent something for the first time....EVER. He got Larissa a kindle from his job and sent Nathan $40. He got the kindle for $40 from his job so it really is equal. So I was talking to Nathan about what he was going to spend the money on and he couldn't come with anything. Do you know what he said...."BACON". It's no secret that Nathan loves bacon but seriously! A 12 year old can't find anything better to spend his money on. We talked for a while and there really was nothing that he wants. He told me he has everything he needs. It took everything in my power not to cry. And Larissa was happy with her kindle but she would have been just as happy with anything. She actually said that she could have just gotten money like Nathan so that she could buy more make-up and hair accessories. The kindle is great but now she has to buy books for it. What are the odds she can hand over the kindle to me...wink, wink, wink...lol. And lastly, CJ sees all the advertisements and doesn't get sucked into them all at the age of 4. Maybe he is following the example of his incredible brother and sister.

So I don't even know where to begin with being thankful and grateful for my wonderful children that don't require a lot or ask for a lot. The kids that they have turned into make me the proudest mother of all time. I love you guys.

No comments:

Catching up...oh yeah, and I bought a house.

Catching up is the understatement of the year. It's been quite a while since I have been here. The truth is that life has been one adven...