To those of you that might actually be following my blog, I want to apologize for taking such an absence from it. As we all know, life often gets in the way of doing things that we enjoy. So let me recap since the last time I was on.
I have had to cancel our trip to RI for Larissa's birthday. Although I try to be superwoman at times , I clearly am missing the cape and am not. So after talking to Jose about it and going over what we can and can not do, over and over again, we had no choice. I sat with Larissa and of course went through the typical emotions....sadness, tears, anger, frustration. Once she was done with all that, I offered to give her what I could here. So I have been insanely busy canceling things in RI and finding things here. I finally have a hall to have it in. She has had to pick her court here, we have had to adjust some of the program. I have notified all the parents and explained to them what it is and we have gone looking for dresses for the girls. So far...it has been a success. After looking high and low for a dress for Larissa, I have turned to my mother. She has reassured me that she can make her dress with little time and her estimated time to come home is the end of Sept or the very beginning of Oct so she will have plenty of time. I know how good she is.
Nathan has started Karate again and loves being back. The class has managed to shrink. That is the thing with free classes is that people don't really feel obligated to go. If they were paying for them, then you can bet your bootie that they would show up. So anyways, when the classes are smaller is when the kids benefit from it the most because they have more one on one time.
CJ and Jose were both sick this weekend. This stupid viral thing that we can't do anything about. This might have been a long weekend but it was a draining weekend for me. CJ had his ups and downs. His fever was doing it's own thing. I did give him motrin and gave him cool baths and for the most part, it was bareable except at night. He has this terrible cough that has made his throat raw and he cries when he coughs. Well he was anyways, last night he only woke up twice...hip hip hooray! And he is back into his own bed which is great news for my back!
Yesterday was my godson's birthday and I was so happy to be able to talk to him. I can't believe how big he is getting, all the kids actually. It is so hard to be so far away during special times like this. And he made me feel bad too...lol. I asked him how his day was and he said good. I asked if he had a lot of people and he said, no just family. And then he said " and you weren't here !" I told him how much I missed him and that if I could have been there, I would but it's just not possible. I wonder how much of all this kids really understand. Moving has definatly been one of the best things we could have done for our family but the family we left behind is so far away now and I fear that the kids especially will start to forget us. I have to keep up in their lives so that they understand how much we love them even though we can't be there.
Well that's it for today. I have to get back online and look for a few more things and ideas and I will try to back on tomorrow. Is anyone really out there anyway or am I just talking to myself ?!
My life is an open book. As you read through my posts, you are turning the pages of my life. I believe that everything happens for a reason and God will only give you what you can handle. I am a strong woman and my life has been full of trials. I am happy to share the stories of my life with you.
Tuesday, September 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Catching up...oh yeah, and I bought a house.
Catching up is the understatement of the year. It's been quite a while since I have been here. The truth is that life has been one adven...
-
So Jose and I have been searching high and low for a house. Just Friday and Saturday alone were hours of looking, making appointments, seein...
-
Today was CJ's first day of pre-school. He was really happy the whole way there and when we drove up, he said.."mama, not miss gina...
-
I am sorry that I have not written a few days. I have been feeling under the weather lately to say the least. Sunday I spent in bed most of ...
2 comments:
I am
I am here....just a few days late LOL. Guess we both got busy at the same time. Looking forward to bowling Friday =)
Post a Comment