Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Adjusting

Today was a weird day. Actually last night was weird too. It is so odd to only have CJ in the house. It brings me back to the summer in NC when Nathan and Larissa came to RI for the summer. I think CJ is feeling this impact much more though. He just got over Larissa leaving and now Nathan isn’t there either. I am sure he will be fine. I want him to learn that this is what happens. People grow up, they take steps to better themselves and I will always support your decisions.
 
Anyways, today is Day 2 of Job Corp. He has decided to try Welding as his first trade. I hear the teacher for welding is amazing. She is eighty years old…I am not kidding…but she looks like she is 40. That is what the kids told me anyways. He seems to be settling in ok but he is a boy with very little words. I have to ask lots of questions and of course, I get one word answers back. I did get a call from his Career Counselor today. Her name is Joanna Norton and I tried to call her back but got her voicemail. I hope to talk to her tomorrow. She will probably have more information for me than Nathan did.
 
Larissa is doing good. She has been applying for jobs to get a better paying job than the restaurant she currently works at. Her and Nina are slowly making the apartment their own. She wants to have Mason’s 1st birthday party here in RI. I have no issues with that other than I think she should be concentrating on saving her money instead of spending it. What do I know though, I am just mom. It’s like I have ever been through this. She will figure it all out on her own though. I will be here to support her decisions even if I don’t always agree with them. If she is anything like me, she needs to learn on her terms.
 
Missing my babies but for such a good reason. I want the best for both of them. I hope they follow their dreams and make them all come true. Love all three of my babies to the moon and back. And now my grandbaby too !

No comments:

Catching up...oh yeah, and I bought a house.

Catching up is the understatement of the year. It's been quite a while since I have been here. The truth is that life has been one adven...