Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Simplify


The past couple of years I have heard a lot of hype around the blogging world about a one word resolution. Although I did have a theme one year, it wasn’t a one word resolution. This year has been an insane year though. This year was all about stress and heartache and problems. I have been trying to cut back on my commitments and the things that I tend to agree to all year long. Then it hit me !

Simplify.

My one word New Years Resolution for 2014 is….Simplify.

I am have already started to purge at home. I have been getting rid of things that we don’t want, don’t need or simply don’t use. I am trying to get the kids on the same page as me.

This also included my commitment to things. I tend to agree to go to everything and try to go to everything in fear that I might offend someone. I know that might seem hard to believe. I mean, me care about offending someone? The truth is that although I will tell you the truth right to your face without care of offending you, that is only because that is the truth. But offending someone because of something that I can control bothers me for some reason. I don’t want people that I do care about to think that I don’t want to be there for them but many times it is at the risk of my own sanity. I run around doing everything for everyone and again, my sanity is the one that suffers…which means my family suffers…which makes me very unhappy.

I have a wedding to plan this year and I still have three kids and birthdays and holidays. That is all I need on my plate. Of course I will still do things but I will try to think of how adding something else to my plate will affect my family and me.

No comments:

Catching up...oh yeah, and I bought a house.

Catching up is the understatement of the year. It's been quite a while since I have been here. The truth is that life has been one adven...