Well the funny thing
is that there are so many things that I am going to apply this to in my life,
as the year goes in…right down to my wedding.
My Christmas was simplified, it was really simple and low
key and I really enjoyed spending time with Jose and the kids…all the kids. It
was such a pleasant surprise to have Larissa come by with Brandon and spend
part of the day with us.
New Years was also simplified. We didn’t do anything New
Years Eve except catch up on some shows, eat Chinese food and go to bed. New
Years Day we celebrated with Jose’s mom and brother, Didi and Joshua and
Christie and Gary. Simple little dinner party to celebrate. CJ was with us and
Nathan joined later on after picking him up from Bianca’s. Nathan spend New
Years with Mani and had a blast from what he tells me.
The more I simplify things, the more I enjoy my time with my
family and friends. Not being stressed out about doing too much and all the
crazy details has left me with more time to spend with my loved ones. It’s
amazing how one simple thing can really help you open your eyes to what has
been there all along. My kids are growing up so damn fast. I really don’t know
where the time has gone. They say the older you get, the faster time goes…well
that is true. I want to appreciate all the time I have with them so slowing
down has really made a major impact on my life already and the year has just
started. In all fairness, I did start simplifying at the end of last year
already. I mean why wait until January 1st to start something that
you can start today.
I will continue to do things that make life easier on me. I
am going to continue making my meal plans and shopping lists and I will try to
stick to them more consistently. I will continue to declutter the house with
things that we don’t use and don’t even know are there half the time. I will
continue to think before buying things to bring into the house.
I am also going to take additional steps to help me on my
journey to simplify my life. I have bought some birthday cards to keep home for
last minute birthdays that pop up. I will try to prepare for the birthdays of
the coming month in advance so that I don’t pay more than I need to for last
minute gifts. I will try to come up with a laundry and cleaning system that
works better than what I am doing now so that I don’t get stressed when we have
people coming over.
Being prepared for things will allow me more time to enjoy
and more time to spend with my loved ones.
No comments:
Post a Comment