Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Life

Life takes you on twists and turns. Before you know it, you are on a road that you never imagined. I spend some time reading old posts today. I have certainly had my share of hiccups in the road. I am happy to say that Jose and I have weathered the test of time through it.

Unfortunately, my relationship with my daughter is....goodness, I don't even know what you would call it. I guess it's not bad but it is far from good. This past year has been a roller coaster with her and I am happy that we are at least on the terms that we are. She is currently living with her boyfriend, Brandon. I will refrain from saying too may bad things. She is a teenager. She thinks she knows more than I do. She thinks I don't understand what it is like to be her. She is wrong.

Nathan is still struggling with school. He has been on meds and I cringe at the thought that report cards are coming home next week. I am pretty sure that I am not ready for that.

CJ loves school. He has come a long way from the boy who wouldn't speak..lol. He is such a boy. He loves being outdoors, playing in the dirt, and coming home with holes in his jeans. He says he doesn't like math but he is a wizz at it. He also loves to read.

Our wedding plans have been updated. We are getting married on Jekyll Island, GA. I will give you more info when I have more time.

We are currently planning our trip to NC/FL for this Thanksgiving....a trip that almost wasn't going to happen but we went over finances closely and we can make it happen. We were going to take CJ to Disney but that just is not in our budget right now. So we are taking him to Legoland instead. This trip has evolved so many times that I am shocked it's still happening. Josie and Kevin split up and they are getting divorced. That alone has left me feeling sad. As I have watched their relationship unravel though, I realize that it is probably for the best. They are putting each other through so much pain. So our plans to stay with them we canceled of course. Vanessa had surgery last week so my mother-in-law is currently in FL. Vanessa also does not have room for us for Thanksgiving because she has roommates now. It has been a whirlwind. I am trying to stay focused on all the good that is waiting for us on our trip though. Ilga is excited for us to spend time with her. We will get to see Nina & Rob, Amanda & Chris, Paula, Gen & Shannon, Laurel & Scott and...and who knows. We have some pretty amazing people in NC waiting for us to visit.

So that has been what has been going on. Some good, some bad.

Tomorrow is Halloween so maybe I will have some pictures.

No comments:

Catching up...oh yeah, and I bought a house.

Catching up is the understatement of the year. It's been quite a while since I have been here. The truth is that life has been one adven...