Sunday, June 16, 2013

News & Updates

Damn, it's been a long time since I have been on here.I am not going to make excuses, it is what it is. Glad to be back though.

I will start by telling you that Jose and I are engaged. He gave me the ring on 5/22 and it is beautiful.

We are getting married 5-10-15. Jose picked the date and is firm. So happens that it is Mother's Day too but we are ok with that. There are also two birthdays that day, Jean Carlo and Bora...so we will have to do something special. It is going to be a destination wedding. Where you ask? Not positive yet. Round and round we go but where we stop, nobody knows...lol. That seems to be the big joke. Originally it was going to be St Augustine, FL. It's such a gorgeous place but it is an hour from the airport and we started thinking that might be an issue. I had a bed & breakfast lined up until the wedding planner there decided he only needed to get back to me when he wanted. We were going to go to the Hilton, which is beautiful but the price per plate was $150 and that is beyond what we can pay. So we started looking in airport locations in Florida but found nothing that really stuck out at us. That led us to look at other places.

There are three things that are not changing. The date is going to be 5-10-15, it is going to be on the beach and it is not going to be in RI. With that being said, we have entertained ideas in Virginia Beach VA, Myrtle Beach SC, Swan Island NC, back to Virginia Beach and now Ocean City, MD. Here is what I know. I really loved the idea of a bed & breakfast because we would all be together in one place, be able to spend time together but still have our rooms to retreat to. But there don't seem to be any bed & breakfasts big enough to have us all together or in locations that we want...namely on a beach. I like the Hilton in St Augustine because although it was a hotel, it has beautiful unique rooms. It doesn't just look like a regular hotel that you would stay at on vacation. I want something that fits our theme and is pretty. We even played around with the idea of renting a big house on the beach and just doing everything there. I have to admit that it sounded so good. We even found a place that might have worked but I don't want to be responsible for taking money from people for our wedding. It would just be too much stress on top of everything else. So our search continued.

Ocean City seems to have what we are looking for in all areas. As we started to really figure things out, we realized that we will need to drive. We will have way too much to transport to put it on a plane and paying for our family to fly would be crazy. So MD fits that issue perfectly. Ocean City has a hotel called Dunes Manor. It is right on the beach, another plus. This hotel is family owned and has some of the features of a bed & breakfast that I love. They have areas where we can congregate and spend time together. It has four restaurants where we can have breakfast together. It has tea time where everyone gets together again and in the evening they have a woman who plays the piano for another chance to gather with family, friends and staff. And although it is a hotel, it does not have a hotel feel. The rooms have been done in beach colors and they are bright an beautiful. Each room has an ocean view and a grand entrance that would make for some amazing wedding pictures.

So looks like it is MD for now. I really do love it and I hope that this is our final spot. I will keep you guys posted on more information as things get finalized.

No comments:

Catching up...oh yeah, and I bought a house.

Catching up is the understatement of the year. It's been quite a while since I have been here. The truth is that life has been one adven...