Our house is great. It is starting to feel like home. Jose did an amazing job picking out the house. It really is us. The neighborhood is family oriented and great but we have yet to branch out and really meet our neighbors which are a majority our ages. There are tons of kids in the neighborhood but since the kids have not started school yet, they have not forged relationships yet either. I have a few pics of the house that I will post on here. They were taken a few weeks ago and some progress has been made since then. My biggest issue is that I just want to throw things out...lol. I know that sounds weird but with each move we have tried to downsize our stuff regardless of the space that we are moving to. In this last case we moved to a much bigger space than we had, or at least I think that it is because that is how it feels. But even with all the stuff that we got rid of, we still have so much shit in boxes...please excuse my french...lol. I have a lot more unpacked than I did in the last move but it still feels like too much stuff. I really need to find a way to get rid of everything I don't want. I have learned that I am happier with just a few things that I love instead of a ton of junk that I just like. Who would have thought...lol?
The kids are adjusting. Larissa will be a senior at Lincoln High School and she is going to summer school right now for Geometry. She has a packed schedule as a senior. All her classes are classes that she needs to pass in order to graduate and that is not normal for Larissa. It will not be an easy year to say the least but her advisor is amazing and has complete faith that together we can all make this happen. Nathan will be entering 8th grade and he too will be presented with a struggle from the beginning. He failed English and Math last year so he will be starting behind also. I have met with his advisor as well and she is going to be watching him from the beginning to make sure that he gets the extra help that he needs before it is too late. CJ will be starting Kindergarten this year as well. I went to his school and registered him. It seems really nice. He is excited about riding the school bus...lol. Over all the school systems seem amazing and I am impressed. One of the main reasons that we moved was because of the education and at this point, I am feeling like that might have been a mistake. That is a whole other post all together though and it is too soon for me to make any decisions or any remarks about the school system.
I am not working yet but will be looking for something soon. I give stay at home moms so much credit for all of their hard work but it is just not a job for me. I love having this time with my children but I feel that I am a much better mother when I have been away and have much more patience with them. Being away makes me sane and able to deal with the trials of the house and family. Being in the house all day long and then all night long has slowly began driving me insane.
I feel that this post is long enough now so here are some pics:
LARISSA'S ROOM

THE BOYS ROOM

OUR BEDROOM

OUR BATHROOM

OUR LIVING ROOM
No comments:
Post a Comment